Just what version to install from base to player to expansion (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support

reject007 -> Just what version to install from base to player to expansion (8/14/2018 4:44:24 AM)

I bought Flashpoint Red Storm before it became a Players Edition. I think the upgrade I was allowed to the Players Edition didn't cost anything.

I try to keep up on all patches, but have fallen behind (like I missed the 2.0.13 patch which sounds like it cause major headaches).

Since I had issues with the upgrade to 2.0.14 I decided to start fresh. As the game has been patched through all the different versions up until well current. So I did retail installer - patch 2.0.81 to Players Edition - patch to 2.0.14

Here is my issue.
I have the retail installer for FPRS (before Players Edition)
I have the patch that allows my FPRS (pre PE) to be upgraded to Players Edition
The patch is 2.0.81
I have the FPRS Germany Reforged dlc/add on/mission pack whatever it seems to be called installed.
The current patch is 2.0.14. When I install this version it warns me that I have the most current version with the 2.0.81 patch. Of course that patch was some time ago so it really isn't a more current version.

So if I install the 2.0.14 over the 2.0.81 Players Edition Upgrade, is it now up to date or has the 2.0.14 possibly overwritten files that are needed from the 2.0.81 PE Upgrade. I have launched the game and everything seems to work but ran out time to actually play through a longer and more units scenario/missions.

VPaulus -> RE: Just what version to install from base to player to expansion (8/14/2018 9:18:58 AM)

Install in the following order:

1. Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Player's Edition PC Installer (FlashpointRedStorm-Setup-206)
2. Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Player's Edition PC Update v2.0.14 (FlashpointRedstorm-UpdateComp-v2.0.14)
3. Germany Reforged DLC

CapnDarwin -> RE: Just what version to install from base to player to expansion (8/14/2018 12:02:05 PM)

The files noted above should all be available in your members area for Red Storm and Germany Reforged respectively.

Tbilisi -> RE: Just what version to install from base to player to expansion (9/12/2018 5:44:52 PM)

I just installed those files in the order listed in the post, but during the installation of Reforged I briefly saw a message that V2.0.10 was being installed. I let the installation proceed and when I started the game and checked the version it was indeed V2.0.10, down from V2.0.14. I reinstalled V2.0.14, reran the game and it was back up to the latest version. I have not yet started a scenario but everything appears to be in order.

Any idea what may have happened here?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Just what version to install from base to player to expansion (9/12/2018 7:16:48 PM)

That's a weird one. I will see if I can check out why GR would have installed an updated exe to start with and then why is over wrote the newer 14 build. My guess is is a glitch in the installer program, but I will ask around.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI