Why is Vichy getting formed? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

ThunderLizard11 -> Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/22/2018 8:42:45 PM)

Still holding Paris and major towns. Why is Vichy event triggered in July?

Taxman66 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/22/2018 11:45:17 PM)

What was the French Morale at? (presuming zero or very close), and why was it there?

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 5:50:11 AM)

Where do you find French morale? I pulled units out of Africa so that kept giving me warnings.

GeneralFerraro -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 8:44:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2

Where do you find French morale? I pulled units out of Africa so that kept giving me warnings.

Yes, France surrenders when "national morale" reaches 0, and this can happen even if Paris was not taken by the Germans. You can see and track national morale for all countries pressing the button "reports" (center of the screen, top right), then "graphs" (down center) and then on the menu list to the left you will see the option for national morale. The graphs are very interesting in any case. French morale drops very quickly, pulling the units out of Africa takes them closer to surrender...

Taxman66 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 10:37:03 AM)

It's also represented under the flag as a bar on top of the main screen.
Hover the mouse over the bar and it will provide a pop-up with the exact amount.

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 2:27:20 PM)

Any tips for raising French morale? It's annoying they surrendered before losing much territory.

Sugar -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 2:45:35 PM)

Don't lose capital ships, NM-Objectives and keep 5 brit. units in France until Paris falls.

GeneralFerraro -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 3:14:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

It's also represented under the flag as a bar on top of the main screen.
Hover the mouse over the bar and it will provide a pop-up with the exact amount.

Yes, the bars are great, but they are optional, you have to choose to see the national morale bars in "advanced options"

Taxman66 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 3:19:06 PM)

I believe the default setting is for them to be on.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 5:33:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2
Any tips for raising French morale? It's annoying they surrendered before losing much territory.

See here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4477827

BillRunacre -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/23/2018 6:46:21 PM)

Also, don't abandon any positions in the Med. You can replace the starting units with Garrisons, but someone must guard the colonies.

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/25/2018 12:31:22 AM)

I got to September. Maybe I can get to October by replacing the NA units with garrisons. They're wasted sitting there.

Taxman66 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/25/2018 12:36:11 AM)

I found it really isn't worth the cost.
Consider you have to pay to build GARR, then pay to transport the GARR and the units to/from NA, then to reinforce the Algerian units.
You might as well just build new if that's what you want.

I like to move the Syrian Corps into Transjordan the turn before Paris falls, and transport the Algerians to Egypt (if the path is clear) so as to run the 20% chance to get each of the units to Free French and join the UK.

Dorky8 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/25/2018 12:55:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

Don't lose capital ships, NM-Objectives and keep 5 brit. units in France until Paris falls.

I thought just two Brit troops had to be within 6 (maybe 8) hexes of Paris. Is that not right.

Sugar -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/25/2018 4:08:36 PM)

I`m not refering to scripts, you're probably right. What if one of those units is destroyed or pushed out of range? Rumours say Germany has got some troops flying at first and then dropping from the air, and very fast tanks also, hehe.

Dorky8 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/25/2018 4:40:54 PM)

The question evolved into French morale which I think goes down if no Brit troops there. Not sure of the exact rule. If they are behind the French troops in cities they probably aren't in much danger.

Sugar -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/25/2018 5:49:31 PM)

quote:

If they are behind the French troops in cities they probably aren't in much danger.

Perhaps against players who aren't aware of their presence. However, destroying as much brit. units as possible is one of experienced Axis players first priorities, since they probably won't appear to defend UK or Egypt. Make your own calculation, under which circumstances the survial of the Brits are more likely, singled units or a complete army group at best.

Dorky8 -> RE: Why is Vichy getting formed? (8/25/2018 9:39:21 PM)

OK

I think your a little off topic but ok.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI