Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Enforcer -> Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 12:47:10 AM)

Just a question will there be a remake of this game or another game like this on the horizon?

Anachro -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 12:49:44 AM)

Probably not.

Chickenboy -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 12:58:36 AM)

I think some of the die-hards here have taken an unofficial pledge to bankroll WiTP:AE II if and when they win the lottery. I might consider it myself. Failing that, I think any remake unlikely.

dasboot1960 -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 1:14:34 AM)

I hate the odds. I do play the lottery. I'm in.

geofflambert -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 1:36:09 AM)

There is only this game. There are no other games.

RichardAckermann -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 7:40:05 AM)

I know of 2 developments that intend to be close to WITP AE engine wise. Both are works by individuals, not company programming teams.

Yaab -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 1:50:56 PM)

I derive WITPAE-like enjoyment from other game genres, games which have a detailed,tactical combat and a sense of an epic struggle. "Underrail" is an indie isometric post-apocalyptic RPG that has tons of character build/crafting/inventory options and turn-based combat. It has a an epic story and a very tactical combat. Plays out like a WITPAE campaign, though you only control one character.

Dili -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 2:15:10 PM)

There is no other game with air, sea, land combat unfortunately.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 3:14:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

I derive WITPAE-like enjoyment from other game genres, games which have a detailed,tactical combat and a sense of an epic struggle. "Underrail" is an indie isometric post-apocalyptic RPG that has tons of character build/crafting/inventory options and turn-based combat. It has a an epic story and a very tactical combat. Plays out like a WITPAE campaign, though you only control one character.

I play Farm Simulator 2017. Very relaxing. This morning I fed my cows Total Mixed Ration and harvested a giant field of soybeans.

Eagerly looking forward to FS 2019 in a few months. You can ride a horse in that one, and you have a dog! [:'(]

adarbrauner -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 5:40:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

I play Farm Simulator 2017. Very relaxing. This morning I fed my cows Total Mixed Ration and harvested a giant field of soybeans.

Eagerly looking forward to FS 2019 in a few months. You can ride a horse in that one, and you have a dog! [:'(]

hehehehe! hah

adarbrauner -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 5:41:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RichardAckermann

I know of 2 developments that intend to be close to WITP AE engine wise. Both are works by individuals, not company programming teams.

And one of them is by Richard Ackermann!!!

geofflambert -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/29/2018 10:47:48 PM)

quote:

quote:

I bet you loved the milking. I actually learned to do that. With real cows.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/30/2018 2:12:20 AM)

Richard Ackermann: How's your project coming along?

Cheers.
CB

BBfanboy -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/30/2018 2:46:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

quote:

You really shouldn't be so unkind as to call them cows! What club did you meet them in? Inquiring minds need to know for their research. [:)]

RichardAckermann -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (8/30/2018 7:50:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptBeefheart
Richard Ackermann: How's your project coming along?
Cheers.
CB

Steady progress, but still a long way to go.

Graymane -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/23/2018 3:37:54 PM)

They remade TOAW, why not this? Seems to still have a popular fan base. Keep wishing I guess.

BBfanboy -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/23/2018 4:13:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Graymane

They remade TOAW, why not this? Seems to still have a popular fan base. Keep wishing I guess.

The fan base is avid, but too small to commercially support a re-programming of the game engine. The game engine is already at its limits with all the stuff it has to do. There are also copywrite issues with Gary Grigsby and the companies that built the WITP-AE program. They are not about to let someone use their combat models and database design without major compensation.

ETF -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/23/2018 5:58:03 PM)

They did remake Pacific War to WITP didn't they :)

War in the east and West are redos also. Problem is you have to wait more than a decade lol......if ever.

Anachro -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/23/2018 6:06:38 PM)

I do believe Gary Grigsby is on record as stating he'll never make a game like WitP ever again and that he was insane to do it. WitE/WitW have more abstraction in certain respects and he is on record also stating that those are more in line with what he'd prefer to make going forward.

ETF -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/23/2018 6:42:30 PM)

True I remember that comment. Maybe he would let the code go for a nominal fee in the future or for royalties on the franchise. I agree it is a distant dream. Hard to find good grognard wargames these days. Assuming you want realism.

Zorch -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/23/2018 7:07:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Enforcer

Just a question will there be a remake of this game or another game like this on the horizon?

Non-sequitur; there are no other games like WitP:AE.

Zorch -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/23/2018 7:09:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

quote:

You really shouldn't be so unkind as to call them cows! What club did you meet them in? Inquiring minds need to know for their research. [:)]

Looking for Mr. Moobar?

tolsdorff -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/24/2018 7:09:33 AM)

Learn to play chess properly.

No other game has as much strategic, positional and tactical possibilities and so much room to implement new brilliant ideas and plans. ALL WITH JUST ONE CLICK PER TURN!

Specifically for this crowd I would recommend correspondence chess, Games of this kind don't have to end in 12 months. Must sound appealing to the crowd here.

adarbrauner -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/24/2018 9:57:45 AM)

Chees is the queen

oaltinyay -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/24/2018 6:02:19 PM)

WITP:AE is perfect and cant be re-made. It is a singularity in milsim applications.

Seriously, I am learning python and give and take 10 years I will be ready to begin working on the menu screen.

ETF -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/24/2018 6:11:12 PM)

CMNAO is quite good. Especially when they make it mutiplayer.........very realistic.

oaltinyay -> RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae (10/24/2018 6:51:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

CMNAO is quite good. Especially when they make it mutiplayer.........very realistic.

do you have the new silent service DLC ? if yes, is it any good really ?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI