Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

feldwebel87 -> Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (9/3/2018 6:28:31 AM)

I made the mistake of buying WitE on Steam instead of purchasing directly from here. Will you ever offer an option to not only get a boxed copy but a S/N as well? I know that purchasing a copy from Matrix will also get you a Steam key, but why not the other way around?

feldwebel87 -> RE: Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (9/17/2018 2:30:12 AM)

Bump

Capitaine -> RE: Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (9/17/2018 1:49:13 PM)

I can't be sure, but perhaps they don't do that because they make more money from a Matrix sale than they do on Steam, which takes a nice chunk of their profit. So Steam sales and Matrix sales aren't value equivalent.

CommandoSolo -> RE: Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (9/17/2018 4:36:36 PM)

steam doesn't have a way to generate/export a key for third parties. that's the issue with all the games, not just martix ones. I had the same issue. I bought it from Amazon but found out and returned it and bought it from Matrix games. Maybe one day steam will get their act together but who knows.

feldwebel87 -> RE: Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (9/18/2018 11:26:00 PM)

It looks like the lesson to take away from this is that there is absolutely no reason to buy any of these games from Steam unless there is a sale on Steam but not on Matrix. You get a steam key from Matrix, so there really isn't any other point aside from a sale.

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (9/18/2018 11:35:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CommandoSolo

steam doesn't have a way to generate/export a key for third parties. that's the issue with all the games, not just martix ones. I had the same issue. I bought it from Amazon but found out and returned it and bought it from Matrix games. Maybe one day steam will get their act together but who knows.

I bought the boxed edition from Amazon and registered the game on the Matrix site and from there on Steam.

Capitaine -> RE: Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (9/19/2018 10:47:01 AM)

quote:

No doubt true, but business-wise Matrix needs a reason to encourage direct purchases rather than Steam purchases. And Matrix fans should realize this and try in every case to buy direct from Matrix rather than Steam if possible. That's why Matrix offers a free Steam key -- all things equal you get Steam with any direct purchase from Matrix of a Steam game.

Not "rocket surgery".

feldwebel87 -> RE: Steam Purchase Upgrade to Matrix Games Version? (9/20/2018 1:22:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

quote:

No doubt true, but business-wise Matrix needs a reason to encourage direct purchases rather than Steam purchases. And Matrix fans should realize this and try in every case to buy direct from Matrix rather than Steam if possible. That's why Matrix offers a free Steam key -- all things equal you get Steam with any direct purchase from Matrix of a Steam game.

Not "rocket surgery".

Yep, very true.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI