Star Sector Ship sets (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

o30k -> Star Sector Ship sets (9/4/2018 9:15:35 PM)

Aloha!

So whilst playing DWU I realised that Star Sector uses the same type of ship models. So I went pillaging through the files and created three of my own shipsets for DWU using Star Sector ships/stations.

I didn't personally make any of the images I just ported them over and renamed them to make them work in game. Just add the required doohickeys to make the links work :)

Links to the original mods for Star Sector are in the image as I couldn't post links.

Link to ship sets:

"mediafire dot com/folder/lum27b125nnmb/DWU Starsector_Ships"

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (9/4/2018 10:44:41 PM)

interesting ship-sets - thanks for sharing [:'(]

how they can be added to DW ?

ps: I'm a total "noobs" at modding [8|]

o30k -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (9/5/2018 5:41:25 AM)

You go to \Steam\steamapps\common\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization and make a folder inside and name it whatever you like. You then make a folder called images, then units and finally ships. This is where you want to drop the folders with the images in. You then find the family name of the race you want to apply the ships to, for example family6 is for humans and then rename the folder you want to use.

It should look like this when you're done:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\*insertname*\images\units\ships

From there just load up the game and change the theme to the new one you created.

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (9/8/2018 12:18:30 AM)

thanks, I will try to follow your instructions

Rosbjerg -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (9/10/2018 4:00:44 PM)

Good call. I've added a bunch of these to my mods as well - and photoshopped them to fit Distant Worlds.

Can't seem to download yours though, I just get a link to the softworks forums.

o30k -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (9/10/2018 6:21:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosbjerg

Good call. I've added a bunch of these to my mods as well - and photoshopped them to fit Distant Worlds.

Can't seem to download yours though, I just get a link to the softworks forums.

Are you trying to use the links that are in the attached image? If so then those are just links back to where I got the images originally, the MediaFire link is the one you want to use :)

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (9/11/2018 2:46:53 AM)

RosbJerg, try this link:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lum27b125nnmb/DWU%20Starsector_Ships

o30k -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (9/11/2018 8:25:26 AM)

I updated the ships with markers for running lights and engines.

Here's the link "mediafire dot com/folder/lum27b125nnmb/DWU_Starsector_Ships"

Hattori Hanzo -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (9/11/2018 5:35:57 PM)

here the updated above link:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lum27b125nnmb/DWU_Starsector_Ships

Drumline2 -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (12/10/2018 12:31:09 PM)

Love this! Been playing with the Diable shipsets and having a blast. I was wondering what you had to do with the ship pictures from star sector in photoshop to make them game ready. And how to do the engine markups. Would love to try and port the New Galactic Order, Shadowyards and Legacy of Arkgneisis shipsets over.[&o]

Aeson -> RE: Star Sector Ship sets (12/10/2018 5:54:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drumline2

I was wondering what you had to do with the ship pictures from star sector in photoshop to make them game ready. And how to do the engine markups. Would love to try and port the New Galactic Order, Shadowyards and Legacy of Arkgneisis shipsets over.[&o]

The modding manual that comes with the game contains instructions for preparing ship images. If you go to the installation directory for your copy of Distant Worlds, there should be a PDF version of the modding manual in the Manuals directory; the instructions are on pages 16-17 of the manual (page 9 of the printer-friendly PDF version).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI