RE: Eastern Front: Finding the Right Ground Scale... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Future Ideas

jmlima -> RE: Eastern Front: Finding the Right Ground Scale... (5/31/2021 12:02:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StasSche

Therefore, I believe that your decision to divide the battle in two titles is right... ...

This was also the way the W@W series modelled Stalingrad, the game had two scales, one for Operation Uranus another for the city wide operations. It worked in principle and in detail.

Saint Ruth -> RE: Eastern Front: Finding the Right Ground Scale... (6/14/2021 2:34:27 PM)

quote:

To illustrate the problem, the great Panzer Campaigns series use one setting for both Experience/Training Quality and Motivation/Morale. When games are set on the western front there is no or rarely a problem. The two will often coexist. So, most of the time a unit modelled as having high experience and tactical qualities will also have high morale.
This was not the case on the Eastern Front. There many Soviet units, but not all, that had low skills but still incredibly high morale in terms of stubbornness and staying power. This problem can make modelling the Eastern Front using Panzer Campaigns a nightmare. i.e. cant really be done to the top quality. You get weird distortions when you try to fix it.
Hoping troop skills and morale will be able to be set separately.

Hi Kip, there's just Quality and Readiness and no separate Morale value.
I suppose that would be very complicated to model. Low Morale and high quality would be quite different to high morale, low quality. I'd presume high morale, low quality would be good on defense but would be slaughtered if they attacked.
It would really depend on the rules, and I don't want to make it all more complicated!
Cheers,
Brian

Saint Ruth -> RE: Eastern Front: Finding the Right Ground Scale... (6/14/2021 2:56:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmlima

This was also the way the W@W series modelled Stalingrad, the game had two scales, one for Operation Uranus another for the city wide operations. It worked in principle and in detail.

Yes, that's a great game!
Yes, in this game too, the Stalingrad battles will be 500 meters per hex and the others are 2500 meters per hex.
The game will also allow units to be combined / broken down so I regiment can either be one counter or 3 counters, so regiment can defend more ground if they're broken down, but that should also reduce the number of units on the map when not broken down.
Cheers,
Brian

sol_invictus -> RE: Eastern Front: Finding the Right Ground Scale... (7/16/2021 1:23:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saint Ruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmlima

Yes, that's a great game!
Yes, in this game too, the Stalingrad battles will be 500 meters per hex and the others are 2500 meters per hex.
The game will also allow units to be combined / broken down so I regiment can either be one counter or 3 counters, so regiment can defend more ground if they're broken down, but that should also reduce the number of units on the map when not broken down.
Cheers,
Brian

I really like the sound of this!

Hellway -> RE: Eastern Front: Finding the Right Ground Scale... (8/16/2021 6:20:45 PM)

Wow...great, can not waiting...thanks [&o]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI