ground support newbie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

tonyscrase -> ground support newbie (9/29/2018 7:28:03 PM)

i was wondering how the computer works out how many aircraft are going to be used for each battle

THANK YOU

loki100 -> RE: ground support newbie (9/29/2018 9:14:09 PM)

basically it does a good job but you can influence the outcome in various ways.

if you use the options to set % to fly you can try to force it to allocate more or less planes to a particular mission than it thinks it wants to. The default is 100%, lower this and it will send less than its estimate, raise and more.

The priority you give the GS mission will encourage the AI routine to hold back more planes that it might otherwise use up in ground attack (this assumes you are not specifying which planes do which missions).

The HQ you attach the mission to may help. If you assign to say SHAEF then basically the GS will go to pretty much any battle in N France. If you pick a corps then the GS may only support a small number of attacks - those that you really see as important.

Remember also that during the overall ground movement/combat phase you can switch GS on/off - that too can help hold back planes for the key moments,

So the default rule/allocation is pretty good but you have tools to optimise if you need.

siganm -> RE: ground support newbie (3/18/2019 9:25:16 AM)

Hi,

you said you can switch Ground Support on and off iin the Ground movement phase. How dod you do that? The reason I ask is that I appear to have done it accidentally. GS was working perfectly and now does not work at all in any theatre or with any Air HQ. That is to say the mission is accepted, I have allocated air units, they are in range of the battlefields and none of them fly. So it appears i have turned it off but I do not know how. Help gratefully receive.

Tony

loki100 -> RE: ground support newbie (3/18/2019 9:42:04 AM)

in the movement phase you should see in the middle of the top screen bar 'GS-On' or off? Click on that and you can flip it between the two states (if I recall properly)

siganm -> RE: ground support newbie (3/18/2019 10:45:10 AM)

Thank you. Found it and the toggle is the "x" key. Hmmm Now back 3 turns to sort the mess out. Doh

Tony

cfulbright -> RE: ground support newbie (3/18/2019 5:29:15 PM)

Also you can press "x" to turn it off. Don't forget to turn it back on!

Cary

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI