JSGME? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

76mm -> JSGME? (10/5/2018 7:24:28 PM)

This question probably belongs in the mods subforum, but there is not much traffic there, so thought I'd try here. I also did a search, no luck.

I'm trying to figure out how to get JSGME to work with TOAW; I use it with other games with no problem, but can't get them it work with TOAW, I assume I'm screwing something up with the folder structure...anyone have any tips?

Shadrach -> RE: JSGME? (10/12/2018 11:54:12 PM)

I have JSGME.exe and its associated ini file and MODS folder directly in the folder:
"Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV"

But JSGME *requires* mods to be packaged a specific way, and modders here seem to do all kinds of different things, so you need to arrange the folders yourself. This means creating first a unique folder for the specific mod under MODS, and then creating the "Graphics override" folder there. Or "sounds" if a sound mod for instance.

So the structure would be:

> Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV
    JSGME.exe
    JSGME.ini
  > MODS
    > Astro_sound
      > sounds
    > Blue Water v1
      > Graphics Override
    > Cabido - Boardgame Style Map Mod
      > Graphics Override

And so on...

You *could* of course try to plop JSGME into the "Graphics override" folder. But then you'd won't be able to use it for sound for instance.

It would help if modders tried to stick to some kind of naming convention, and break their mods into more separate logical elements to avoid us having to manually copy files, and then run the risk of messing things up... [:)]

76mm -> RE: JSGME? (10/13/2018 12:57:34 PM)

Thanks much, that got it working! Just couldn't get me head around the folder structure...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI