RE: Finding Nemo, and a Discussion on China Strategy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Lokasenna -> RE: Finding Nemo, and a Discussion on China Strategy (10/30/2018 4:23:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

I guess you would have to develop Rangpur, Tezpur and Silchar , so they dont have any max supply draw limits, and then the supply from Calcutta can flow freely through the minor railroad to Silchar and then to Imphal. You could also try shipping supply from Calcutta to Chittagong, stockpile supply there for some time, and once you accumulate a hefty stockpile, disable the stockpiling and let if flow freely through Comilla and Silchar. By dumping supplies in Chittagong you shorten the route the supplies have to travel via railroads and those undeveloped bases.

That's not quite how it works. You really only need to build up the destination base - it can draw supplies from farther "up the chain" than just the next base up.

In order to try the stockpiling method you mention, though, you will have to build up all the bases in order accumulate supplies at any kind of speed.

Honestly, airlifting is faster.

offenseman -> RE: Finding Nemo, and a Discussion on China Strategy (11/1/2018 1:00:59 AM)

Some great ideas prior to this thought. From what you have said I'd give serious thought about taking Paramushiro Jima and Shikuka. My guess is that his search aircraft are elsewhere and fleet FAR away thus making CVs unnecessary. Use fast ships, take supplies and engineers. I'd also wager that his defenses are few on the ground. Of course, once taken he could probably retake it given time but he'd have to reorient everything to do so. Risk, yes, but reward could be very high. Bring enough LBA and support and he might never retake it. If he sails KB against it, then you can strike where he isn't. I'd love to follow along as you go... see where it ends up.

dave sindel -> RE: Finding Nemo, and a Discussion on China Strategy (11/1/2018 4:44:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: offenseman

Some great ideas prior to this thought. From what you have said I'd give serious thought about taking Paramushiro Jima and Shikuka. My guess is that his search aircraft are elsewhere and fleet FAR away thus making CVs unnecessary. Use fast ships, take supplies and engineers. I'd also wager that his defenses are few on the ground. Of course, once taken he could probably retake it given time but he'd have to reorient everything to do so. Risk, yes, but reward could be very high. Bring enough LBA and support and he might never retake it. If he sails KB against it, then you can strike where he isn't. I'd love to follow along as you go... see where it ends up.

I have been building up my Aleutian bases since the game's beginning. I have not seen one instance of Japanese recon in the North Pacific all game, and I have been staying quiet in that theater as well. I have an eye on the Kuriles for March 43 when I start getting APA's and the current AP's all convert. Invasions that close to Japan need to be an in-and-out affair, not good to attempt with xAP's. I learned this lesson in my first game... the hard way

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI