crash to desktop / bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support

LLv34Mika -> crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 11:20:55 AM)

Hi everyone

In one of my games I get an error message followed by a crash to desktop.
First the replay shows some strange things like a German (opponent) tactical bomber attacking a German tank, a HQ moving next to a city (my opponent would never do that) and an invisible highlighted unit attacking right before the crash. Since it happened two times in a row I was able to make a screenshot.

Game ID is 125955

Thank you in advance
Mika

[image]local://upfiles/58634/9842782FF43C448B863F845E11068695.jpg[/image]

zakblood -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 11:30:20 AM)

would need a report and or save, prefer both tbh to see what could be an issue

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

just add the txt file report to a zip and upload it to an attachment

LLv34Mika -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 12:01:39 PM)

...at your command!

I should add that I have two pbem games running and had no issues with the other game so far. But I did not receive a turn for a while so I can not test it.
Thank you!

zakblood -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 12:05:58 PM)

some pbem games are having issues, as server is being worked on atm, no eta on when it will be done but it's being fixed and will be sorted asap

zakblood -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 12:10:36 PM)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

so a laptop

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Display Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 1760 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: CMO15A7
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.989Hz)
Driver Date/Size: 21/12/2015 old and out of date

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M
Display Memory: 6038 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1999 MB
Shared Memory: 4038 MB
Driver Date/Size: 01/08/2016 old and out of date

and not used as not attached to the screen / monitor

Realtek High Definition Audio 28/08/2012 old and out of date

zakblood -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 12:11:22 PM)

so first update the laptop drivers, so all are at least 2018

then second, use the better of the 2 GPU's

[image]local://upfiles/43185/1084B4437CBB443FA6A6A56E5BDA19D2.jpg[/image]

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

zakblood -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 12:19:42 PM)

these link may also help you with your setup

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4491486

so you get the most out of the laptop and game, with less issues,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4454024

LLv34Mika -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 12:58:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

so first update the laptop drivers, so all are at least 2018

then second, use the better of the 2 GPU's

You mean I only use that Intel thing instead of the nvidia? Never noticed that.
How can I tell my laptop to use the better one?

Just deactivate the other one? Sorry for asking that stupid but you might imagine that I'm not really a pro when it comes to computer stuff. I see two graphic cards in my system panel. When I right click on the intel thing I can deinstall it, activate it or deactivate it. I'm a bit afraid of deactivating something that is doing the job right now without knowing if the other card jumps in.

Additional question: in some games my laptop heats up like crazy until the fan seems to explode and finally the system shuts down. I don't play these games anymore because of this problem. Is the reason because my intel GPU is doing all the work instead of the much much better nvidia card?

I really appreciate your help. Many many thanks. If you come to Austria sometime I'll get you some cookies ;) (or the famous "Sachertorte").

LLv34Mika -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/3/2018 7:56:18 PM)

small update:

using the latest driver did not change anything. And even tough steam, the launcher and the exe of the game itself are marked as "start with nvidia" I see no change. But I'm not 100% sure that the game is using the nvidia card.

Update part II (edit)
Just made my pbem turn for another game (Fall Weiss II) and everything worked as it should. Just the other game seems to have that problem but somehow I think that has to do with the server problems and not with my hardware since I never had any problems before.

Fenndon -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/7/2018 7:56:03 AM)

Dear Tech Support - We need some assistance please, please![:)]

Further to Mika's last post above, we are 77 turns into our game, which has been great, but Mika has had the computer crash issues described. We both think it is highly likely a result of the PBEM server issues and a corrupted file.

Mika is continuing to successfully play against another opponent which indicates an issue with our game file only. His laptop keeps crashing when trying to reload our game which he has done 6 or 7 times. This is despite applying Zakblood's corrections (see Tech Support).

We cannot proceed with our game which is frustrating.

We need some support to look at my (Fenndon) last turn and if possible resend to Mika. Is it also possible to check for any corrupt files? Worse case, is it possible to resend the previous turn (although strongly prefer not)?

Thanks in advance!

zakblood -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/7/2018 8:42:10 AM)

you would need to contact support and open a ticket and give the name of the game, and players for either a roll back or for someone to check it, i don't have that sort of access, but staff support does, not sure what they can do on it either, but they at least can help you and explain what's on offer regarding the save etc, good luck

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

LLv34Mika -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/7/2018 3:12:42 PM)

thanks!!!

let's hope it works... no matter if it works because they were able to fix a corrupt file or just rolled back the game a few turns. I just want to go on getting my forces into position ;)

Mika

bfcj -> RE: crash to desktop / bug (11/25/2018 4:54:16 AM)

I had a couple of audio-related CTDs in earlier versions. Since I play with speakers off anyway, I turned sound off and haven't had any crashes since.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI