Social Media for WIPTAE? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

ETF -> Social Media for WIPTAE? (11/9/2018 6:42:59 PM)

Is there a Teamspeak or Discord for WITPAE. Would be fun to talk about the game and or issues. Just curious.....

ETF -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 2:24:07 PM)

I take it as a no?

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 2:31:55 PM)

LOL! Well, most probably the mass of AE players are old far... I mean old school and only know about classic turn-based games and PBEM but have never heard or cared about this new-fangled "teamspeak" and "Discord" stuff of the FPS / social media hipsters [;)]

Anachro -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 2:32:54 PM)

There is one I think (forgot who hosts it or knows the actual links, but it's been mentioned before), but not sure how active it'd be. This community is made up of mostly 45+ y.o. individuals who have never heard of Discord. That's not a disparaging comment, it's a fact. [:)] XTRG does youtube streams of his WitP matches.

traskott -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 3:00:46 PM)

holy... I'm only 40... :p

Chickenboy -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 3:04:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

Is there a Teamspeak or Discord for WITPAE. Would be fun to talk about the game and or issues. Just curious.....

Yes, there's a Discord channel for WiTP:AE. Sardaukar and I are occasional contributors, but I'm not a huge fan of Discord's organizational flow-channels tend to get clogged with gobbledegook and are impossible to search for different threads or contiguous discussions.

Here's the site:

https://discordapp.com/channels/573187029496627222/573896982515548191

PM Telemecus to send you an invite.

Ian R -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 3:40:15 PM)

Yes, I think you are right Chickenboy.

We oldies navigated our way through the 90s and are used to our chatter being organized phpb style in some sort of logical sequence.

@ETF - can you set up one of the newer style interaction sites in a way that will allow not only a good search function, nut also a logical, rather than a Joycean flow model?

jmscho -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 4:13:10 PM)

We don't need social media, we have WitP AE.

BBfanboy -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 4:16:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmscho

We don't need social media, we have WitP AE.

And this forum to organize our insults and kudos on! [:'(]

HansBolter -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 4:53:02 PM)

This Forum IS our social medium.

Thought that would have been obvious......

Ian R -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 5:15:35 PM)

Squint and you will see it from the corner of your eye Hans.

(We agree)

ETF -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 5:20:28 PM)

Thanks guys found one seems faily active......and yes I'm 50 this month :)

dr.hal -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/6/2020 11:35:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

LOL! Well, most probably the mass of AE players are old far... I mean old school and only know about classic turn-based games and PBEM but have never heard or cared about this new-fangled "teamspeak" and "Discord" stuff of the FPS / social media hipsters [;)]

I resemble that remark!!!! I've been trying to get a play by snail mail game of checkers going, any takers?

Zorch -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 1:45:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

quote:

I resemble that remark!!!! I've been trying to get a play by snail mail game of checkers going, any takers?

I'm game. How much postage does it take to mail the checkerboard? It could start to add up in a long game.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 1:58:12 AM)

Some of you fellas are in this Facebook group for computer wargames. Although not AE-specific, there are some discussions on AE as well as other games.

Cheers,
CB

Kull -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 4:08:57 AM)

Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!! [sm=00000003.gif]

[sm=00000289.gif]

BillBrown -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 6:04:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptBeefheart

Some of you fellas are in this Facebook group for computer wargames. Although not AE-specific, there are some discussions on AE as well as other games.

Cheers,
CB

But I would have to have a facebook account to access that. [:(]

Alfred -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 6:14:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptBeefheart

Cheers,
CB

But I would have to have a facebook account to access that. [:(]

Most "youngsters" have abandoned Facebook because it is now mainly populated and used by "boomers".

Alfred

Encircled -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 6:47:49 AM)

WHAT IS THIS NEW FANGLED NONSENSE QUESTION MARK I STILL SEND MY TURNS USING THE TELEGRAM STOP

Encircled -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 6:53:08 AM)

Quick check on twitter reveals that its not talked about much!

https://twitter.com/search?q=admirals%20edition&src=typed_query

But a couple of threads about it

HansBolter -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 11:37:25 AM)

Don't do Bookface or Twitty.

Never will.

rockmedic109 -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 1:26:36 PM)

Facebook is for people to talk about themselves. Nobody wants to know what I had for breakfast or if I took a healthy dump. I'm just not that important.

RangerJoe -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 1:33:50 PM)

quote:

. . . Nobody wants to know what I had for breakfast or if I took a healthy dump. I'm just not that important.

It is if you ever go into a hospital and/or a nursing home for any length of time . . . [8|]

Zorch -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 2:37:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Encircled

WHAT IS THIS NEW FANGLED NONSENSE QUESTION MARK I STILL SEND MY TURNS USING THE TELEGRAM STOP

RR THE WORLD WONDERS STOP

dr.hal -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 2:41:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

quote:

I'm game. How much postage does it take to mail the checkerboard? It could start to add up in a long game.

Oh Zorch you are so OLD SCHOOL...you don't mail the board, just the checkers with tags on them as to where they are to be placed. Do I have to teach you EVERYTHING?

Zorch -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 3:06:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh Zorch you are so OLD SCHOOL...you don't mail the board, just the checkers with tags on them as to where they are to be placed. Do I have to teach you EVERYTHING?

You use checkers? I draw on the board with one of them new fangled Magic Markers.

rockmedic109 -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 3:25:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You use checkers? I draw on the board with one of them new fangled Magic Markers.

And the checkers are Honeycombs and Golden Grahams. You get to eat what you jump.

dr.hal -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 3:37:43 PM)

I think I've opened Pandora's Box, who knew checkers could be so controversial! So complex! I think I'll go back to paint by numbers.

btd64 -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 3:43:09 PM)

quote:

I think I've opened Pandora's Box, who knew checkers could be so controversial! So complex! I think I'll go back to paint by numbers.

There are some very cool paint by numbers....GP

RangerJoe -> RE: Social Media for WIPTAE? (1/7/2020 4:10:00 PM)

Don't forget to write with crayons, point out that they will not let you use pencils as they are dangerous.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI