Drops to Desktop (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum

Great_Ajax -> Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 2:29:24 PM)

Game starts up but whenever I make my scenario selection - Generate Scenario or select from the Missions list, the game immediately drops back to the desktop.

I rebooted my computer. Same result. I uninstalled and reinstalled to a different drive. Same result.

Trey

zakblood -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 2:33:22 PM)

sorry about your issue, to help us help you more,

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum

[image]local://upfiles/43185/57B0582ACB574CF09117244B287C9FC3.jpg[/image]

Great_Ajax -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 2:36:57 PM)

Curiously, using the DESKTOP SIZE setting in the launcher is causing these issues. If I disable the DESKTOP SIZE selection and use the max custom setting of 3840 x 2160, it seems to work fine.

Trey

zakblood -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 2:37:54 PM)

glad your sorted then, as it will or may help others

Veitikka -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 3:02:44 PM)

What's the last message on screen when it happens? Is there anything in the error.log file in the game folder? I'd like to know your system specs.

MirabelleBenou -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 4:38:13 PM)

Hello !

Same problem here. With "Same as desktop", game won't start (crash to desktop with no error message nor error logs). Then, I've changed the setting to set manually the resolution. Game start.

I revert to the "same as desktop", game start.

Background image movement a bit sluggish but else the game run fine.

EDIT : Well, in fact, the unit movement & tracers is also a bit sluggish. Will try to update my video card drivers (1080 Ti).

zakblood -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 4:59:35 PM)

let us know how you get on, and latest drivers are always the best option, same as any reports and error log files you have, just attach once zipped and developer can check them out etc

MirabelleBenou -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 5:34:44 PM)

Well, it was a "magical" windows update in progress..... In the doubt, you reboot. All, is fine now and work well !

zakblood -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 5:56:30 PM)

major update is unless done before a newer version of Windows 10 1809 or it's update which is a double one, as one needs to be installed and rebooted before the next one can be installed, so a double reboot is needed just for these 2, if it's an upgrade from a previous version of windows 10, this then becomes a longer update and a 4 times plus reboot.

either way glad your sorted and can now finally enjoy the game[;)]

Great_Ajax -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 6:55:28 PM)

No error log posted but I attached the DXDiag. Let me know if you need anymore information.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

What's the last message on screen when it happens? Is there anything in the error.log file in the game folder? I'd like to know your system specs.

Veitikka -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 8:33:36 PM)

As the first step, I recommend you to update your display card drivers.

zoikkis -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/15/2018 8:45:06 PM)

I had a similar issue with my laptop, having to use the windowed mode or otherwise it crashes when launching the game. Same thing happens with the freeware version. So now I set it to windowed mode and use a free program called "borderless gaming" to make it appear like in a fullscreen mode.

With a desktop computer, no such problems.

Great_Ajax -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/16/2018 12:15:10 AM)

Updated the video driver and still the same result.

Trey

quote:

Veitikka -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/16/2018 4:22:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Great_Ajax

Updated the video driver and still the same result.

Trey

quote:

If it's not a hardware issue, then I think the only way to solve this is to trace the exact spot where it happens.

You said that it happens when you select a scenario. Does it happen on all loading screens, for example if you let the AI auto-purchase the units, or if you start the database editor?

RobPollard -> RE: Drops to Desktop (11/19/2018 5:24:13 PM)

I've been getting exactly the same issue here. No error logs to be found. Turning off full-screen seems to fix it, though I have noticed some additional anomalies.

When starting full screen it will crash to desktop once you start a scenario. However, if you untick full screen and then load up a scenario, one can then save that scenario to disk. Once saved, exit the game, reselect full screen and for some reason the game will let you load that scenario file without crashing to desktop - though it is not stable as it will crash later on.

Only other things to add is that I'm running an I7 with an nVidia 1080ti and 16Gb of ram on Windows 10 Professional. When attempting full screen I am trying to run at 3840x2160 with 150% desktop scaling.

All drivers are up to date!

Hopefully this post will shed some more light on this!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI