Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

Schokolokos -> Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 4:53:36 AM)

How many Units can the French get under UK control after France surrender by moving to UK or Egypt?
Possible to save the French bomber?

DeriKuk -> RE: Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 6:00:34 AM)

Exactly zero. More or less nada. About absolutely nothing. The moment France surrenders, they disappear. Poof!

Schokolokos -> RE: Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 6:27:53 AM)

rubbish.
At least the Syrian Corps gets under British control as soon as they are in Egypt, allso at least 1 French unit get under British control as soon they are in England.
Even the Greek Ship gets under British control when it reaches Malta or other Ports.
I just dont know if areal units have the same habit or how many different units you can save.

BillRunacre -> RE: Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 9:22:25 AM)

There is a 20% chance of French land and air units that are in friendly but non-French territory becoming Free French when Vichy is formed.

If Vichy is not formed then should France ultimately surrender, there is a 40% chance of French land and air units, and 20% for naval units becoming free French.

Fafnir -> RE: Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 9:31:29 AM)

The untis will be converted to UK-French (same colour as UK but with a French flag).
They also cannot be upgraded on UK tech level.
Once France is liberated the units will switch back to France.
They can get lost again if France surrenders again.

Schokolokos -> RE: Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 9:36:50 AM)

thanks a lot

Taxman66 -> RE: Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 12:23:23 PM)

Note that such air units will have the significant problem of never being able to be attached to a HQ (unless I guess you get a French HQ to convert).

Additionally such units will revert back to being French once France is liberated.
This has the unfortunate side effect of them ditching their higher UK tech advancements for the French ones.

Schokolokos -> RE: Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 1:06:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fafnir

They also cannot be upgraded on UK tech level.

I think I upgraded the French units, allso Taxman imply you can upgrade them

Taxman66 -> RE: Escaping with French Units to UK or Egypt (11/18/2018 1:40:15 PM)

You can upgrade them while they are UK units.
Once France is Liberated they will return to being French, and be downgraded to the French Tech levels.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI