Wind noise too loud? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade

PoorOldSpike -> Wind noise too loud? (11/19/2018 9:28:46 AM)

Wind noise is too loud on my system, or have I missed a setting somewhere to quieten it down a bit?
It's so loud that I half-expect to see a team of tornado chasers enter the map in SUV's, or if it's winter Sue Aiken turning up on her snowmobile in an Arctic gale..:)

Kimura -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/19/2018 11:32:10 AM)

Same problem. Wind-noise is disproportionately loud and extremely annoying.

Possibility to tune down that thing is urgently needed.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/19/2018 12:56:36 PM)

While you wait for a fix, You could replace the file with a different, quieter sound. If you have sound software you could reprocess the sound and drop the volume too.

zakblood -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/19/2018 1:02:50 PM)

here it is

[image]local://upfiles/43185/4B1B152D63CA43A09495A69D2ACBD2C5.jpg[/image]

PoorOldSpike -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/19/2018 7:39:20 PM)

Thanks Zak, do we simply delete the wind file?

zakblood -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/19/2018 7:45:44 PM)

ah waiting for the developers reply on this one, not sure as not part of the testing team so unclear, will advice when known

Veitikka -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/19/2018 8:37:59 PM)

Hmm, over the years I don't remember anyone commenting the wind sound volume. Are you playing a scenario with strong winds? The volume depends on the wind speed. The sound can be modded to be quieter. Perhaps if you delete the file the sound won't be played, even if I don't recommend that solution. Perhaps replace it with a sound file that has nothing but silence? Whatever you do, make a backup of the file first.

data\sound\ambient\wind.wav

PoorOldSpike -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/20/2018 10:48:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

Hmm, over the years I don't remember anyone commenting the wind sound volume. Are you playing a scenario with strong winds? The volume depends on the wind speed. The sound can be modded to be quieter. Perhaps if you delete the file the sound won't be played, even if I don't recommend that solution. Perhaps replace it with a sound file that has nothing but silence? Whatever you do, make a backup of the file first.

data\sound\ambient\wind.wav

Even if the wind setting is "Weak", it's still too loud.
So I've deleted the wind file and that's cured the problem by getting rid of all wind sound..:)
PS- Why do you not recommend doing that?

zakblood -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/20/2018 10:53:57 AM)

as nobody as yet has run the game maybe without, so didn't know if it would work or give an error like missing file etc, that's why i asked first and didn't recommend it etc, so you have sorted it yourself and also tested it, so now a mute point it seems hopefully[:D]

zacklaws -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/20/2018 11:07:36 AM)

I can never ever recall hearing the wind at all during testing the alpha or beta so its a new one on me?

zakblood -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/20/2018 11:31:57 AM)

i wasn't on the beta and so far in my games not really had it happen where it was too loud either, so maybe something of a point which rarely happens and only effects a given game setup etc?

a save with it on at the higher volume would or maybe help i'd guess

Veitikka -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/20/2018 12:44:14 PM)

The same wind sound file and system have been used for years. I don't recommend deleting the file because that solution hasn't been tested, and may have unexpected consequences. It may work though.

blackcloud6 -> RE: Wind noise too loud? (11/20/2018 2:15:44 PM)

I don't mind the wind.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI