Extended Map Difficulties (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

BreadAstaire -> Extended Map Difficulties (11/24/2018 4:26:48 AM)

Had to reinstall. Can not get the extended map to work, Aden and Abadan are no longer ports.

I had it working properly on the old computer, but I seem to have lost my touch.

Followed the instructions from Babes site, but I am clearly missing something.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Yaab -> RE: Extended Map Difficulties (11/24/2018 4:44:10 AM)

You probably use one install of the game to play BOTH stock AND extended scenarios while using only one map (STOCK or EXTENDED)

Do the following:

Make a new game install and use it only to play scenarios that use the stock map.

Make another game install, download extended map files from Babes site and apppropiate scenario files, drop the map to ART and scen files to SCEN, and only use this install to play scenarios that use the extended map

BreadAstaire -> RE: Extended Map Difficulties (11/24/2018 6:16:15 PM)

Thank you.

I am trying your solution.....but I still can not get the Extended Map BMP Giles.

When I download for Babes I do not get any ‘ART’ folder to unzip

It was easy years back, but now I can not seem to grasp my error

BBfanboy -> RE: Extended Map Difficulties (11/24/2018 6:20:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BreadAstaire

Had to reinstall. Can not get the extended map to work, Aden and Abadan are no longer ports.

I had it working properly on the old computer, but I seem to have lost my touch.

Followed the instructions from Babes site, but I am clearly missing something.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Don't confuse the ART files that show a nice overlaid terrain with the actual map features that the computer uses in its calculations. If you downloaded the extended map data files, you should also download the amended ART files which show additional bases and possibly change to location of stock map bases.
As Yaab said, either move out your existing map data and art to a backup directory before putting in the extended map, or make a complete new install for the game with the extended map. The latter will mean you need to rename things to be able to distinguish between the installs.

BreadAstaire -> RE: Extended Map Difficulties (11/24/2018 6:29:18 PM)

Doing a second install

Will use only extended map files

Thank you again

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI