Game speed question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

orca -> Game speed question (12/1/2018 9:23:34 PM)

For a scenario I am working on I’ve created multiple unit enter area triggers based on circles of reference points fixed to an enemy carrier. The different sets of circle reference points are at various distances from the carrier creating the multiple different unit enters area triggers.

I suspect the answer is no, but do reference points have any significant impact on game speed?

And does having a large number of triggers such as unit enters area have a significant impact on game speed?

Thanks

DWReese -> RE: Game speed question (12/1/2018 9:55:03 PM)

I don't have a definitive answer for you but, like you, I use a lot of Reference Points, and I don't see any diminished speed.

What is probably more telling is that "AU" counter in the bar above the map. In most cases, it has been stated that a value under 1500 is great, and a value over 2000 will definitely slow things down. I would assume that those numbers have something to do with the amount of memory used, so that is probably more indicative of slow speed than the number of reference points by themselves.

That's just my opinion.

Doug

Whicker -> RE: Game speed question (12/1/2018 10:04:34 PM)

AU counter - never seen that before, poked around and under Game Options>> Map Display >> Show diagnostics, now there are a couple more things above the map, AU is one of them.

Cool!

Rory Noonan -> RE: Game speed question (12/1/2018 11:18:48 PM)

Lots of area triggers will slow things down too if I'm not mistaken

AlphaSierra -> RE: Game speed question (12/1/2018 11:37:35 PM)

When things get too hectic and I need to slow the game down...

I throw up 4 satellites.

hasler -> RE: Game speed question (12/3/2018 4:15:35 AM)

Ya sats slow things down fast. I am working on 4K stating AU scenario. Rann very fast until I gave PACT and NATO two sats each. Oh well 5x max just gives the player incentive to kill faster.

Dimitris -> RE: Game speed question (12/3/2018 4:45:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hasler
Ya sats slow things down fast. I am working on 4K stating AU scenario. Rann very fast until I gave PACT and NATO two sats each. Oh well 5x max just gives the player incentive to kill faster.

Can you post or PM me that scen if possible? I'd like to check that bottleneck. Thanks!

Dimitris -> RE: Game speed question (12/4/2018 4:42:54 AM)

bump

Dimitris -> RE: Game speed question (12/5/2018 7:20:21 PM)

bump

Dimitris -> RE: Game speed question (12/7/2018 5:13:14 AM)

Guys, are we ever going to get a save that clearly demonstrates this or is it going to remain one more unsubstantiated anecdote?

AlphaSierra -> RE: Game speed question (12/7/2018 5:04:42 PM)

I thought your request was directed to hasler. I quit using Satellites a long time ago, for this reason.

Take any scenario in the community pile and strip out the Sat's time it and add them back in, you will see quite easily.

If that doesn't get you what you want, then I guess I can build you a scenario.

HP

AlphaSierra -> RE: Game speed question (12/7/2018 5:29:34 PM)

This was a sandbox I was playing with but I just gave up because of the brutal hit.

The idea was to find the SAT's with a path over my AOR
then strip out all the others

My thoughts at the time were to ask for a setting to shut off the sensors just to speed them up

I gave up

Dimitris -> RE: Game speed question (12/7/2018 6:14:33 PM)

I checked this now, using B998.16. There is a problem with that scenario, but it has nothing to do with the _number_ of satellites.

The problem is that 12 of the satellites, all of them in GEO (mostly Vortex / Orion / Mentor SIGINT birds but also a SBIRS-High) seem to have a problem with their orbits and they constantly "blink" between positions. This could be either a problem with the orbital data or a GEO-specific flaw in the orbital code. We'll have to check either way.

Once I removed these culprits, the other 101 sats sailed through like butter.

If you had brought this to our attention earlier, we would have been able to help you earlier.

AlphaSierra -> RE: Game speed question (12/7/2018 7:04:53 PM)

Nice!

let me know if you get a fix.

In the meantime can you highlight a screenshot on which ones to remove?

Thank you

Dimitris -> RE: Game speed question (12/8/2018 6:01:47 PM)

The problematic sats are:

* USA 105
* USA 110
* USA 112
* USA 118
* USA 136
* USA 171
* USA 184
* USA 200
* USA 202
* USA 223
* USA 230
* USA 237
* USA 241
* USA 259

AlphaSierra -> RE: Game speed question (12/9/2018 3:28:22 PM)

BZ!

Much Appreciated

AlphaSierra -> RE: Game speed question (12/9/2018 9:29:46 PM)

Just when I thought....

I swear all I did was tell em to engage opportunity contacts.

That took the game to her knees

I just discovered this a few minutes ago.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI