Adding airframes to a CVE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

seich_23 -> Adding airframes to a CVE (12/9/2018 5:59:13 PM)

So...I'm resizing CVE Taiyo following a guide I found here[;)] , everything goes great until at some point: "the kate is now Size 27, so add 11 airframes and transfer...." my kates are size 27 but I don't know how to add the airframes. I would be much appreciated for some help

BBfanboy -> RE: Adding airframes to a CVE (12/9/2018 10:40:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: seich_23

So...I'm resizing CVE Taiyo following a guide I found here[;)] , everything goes great until at some point: "the kate is now Size 27, so add 11 airframes and transfer...." my kates are size 27 but I don't know how to add the airframes. I would be much appreciated for some help

There are two steps:
- Set the resize you want and wait for it to take place. That changes the authorized size of the unit, aircraft and pilot holdings
- Leave the unit on the carrier until it has had time to draw additional aircraft. You may also be able to add up to 3 reserve aircraft which do not count toward the aircraft stacking on board. While you are at it, bring in more pilots to fly the additional aircraft and train up to decent skill status.
Once the unit has its extra aircraft you can redeploy it. You might even be able to do that immediately after the resize authorization, but IME it seems the unit gains replacements faster if it is on the carrier.

seich_23 -> RE: Adding airframes to a CVE (12/9/2018 10:59:19 PM)

I understand, thanks for the answer!

GetAssista -> RE: Adding airframes to a CVE (12/10/2018 7:00:34 AM)

quote:

Your airgroup should be in a somewhat developed base with supplies. Or on ship which is in the hex of said base. Then you go to the airgroup screen and press some small arrow buttons in the middle, adding airframes from the pools to the airgroup

BBfanboy -> RE: Adding airframes to a CVE (12/10/2018 4:25:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

Your airgroup should be in a somewhat developed base with supplies. Or on ship which is in the hex of said base. Then you go to the airgroup screen and press some small arrow buttons in the middle, adding airframes from the pools to the airgroup

Adding from the buttons near the middle brings in disabled aircraft. I use the button on the upper left to bring in the aircraft as "reserve" (it will let you bring in up to 12 aircraft at a time) and they are all serviceable with 0 damage. Next turn those move into the squadron as active aircraft without waiting for a repair period.

BTW (for the OP), don't forget to change the text in the middle from "no replacements" to "replacements allowed" if you want the aircraft to be automatically added to your squadron when there are aircraft in the pools and enough supply to draw them.

seich_23 -> RE: Adding airframes to a CVE (12/10/2018 5:45:15 PM)

It Worked! thx!

GetAssista -> RE: Adding airframes to a CVE (12/10/2018 5:51:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
BTW (for the OP), don't forget to change the text in the middle from "no replacements" to "replacements allowed" if you want the aircraft to be automatically added to your squadron when there are aircraft in the pools and enough supply to draw them.

OP, just be advised that pulling replacements can be done when at least 7 days passed from the previous pulling. So you might want to not do it automatically, but when you want it to be done

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI