novice question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

Phoenix100 -> novice question (12/14/2018 8:28:25 AM)

I should read the manual, I know...

Playing FW 20, though I'm guessing my query would be true for the stock campaigns. As Axis, I would like to invade Egypt and to do that I would like more units in Libya. But, even though the Brits have already declared war on Germany my Italian units still cannot cross into Egypt. Why is this? Do I need to get Italy to declare war on the Brits? Or the Axis generally to declare war, even though both France and Britain have already declared? In fact, same point about France. I still can't cross the French border even though France has declared - do I need to declare war on France to be able to cross the border, even though the Brits are already bombing Dusseldorf and France is taking cross-border pot-shots?

Then, how to get units to Libya? Italy doesn't seem to have any transport boats. Will it get some (magically) in due course? There is no option to build them.

Thanks.

El Condoro -> RE: novice question (12/14/2018 10:35:10 AM)

Italy enters the war separately from Germany - Britain and France have not declared war on Italy. They start 1939 with 65% mobilization and enter around the time Germany has invaded France (approx. June 40). Until then, they can't move into Allied-held hexes and they can't DoW. For transports, invest in Logistics and Amphibious Warfare research.

Phoenix100 -> RE: novice question (12/14/2018 3:19:18 PM)

OK. Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI