turn off the auto-scroll [?] (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support

jazjef -> turn off the auto-scroll [?] (1/13/2019 9:00:41 PM)

How can I turn off the auto-scroll???

I want to follow the tutorial by putting the PDF manual on my Right screen, and the game on my Left screen .... but the minute I go from the Left to the Right screen, the auto-scroll goes berserk and scrolls all the way to the East of the map. I have to relocate the area of the map for the tutorial each time.... arrrrrgggggghhhh!

This is a REAL deal-killer on this game. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew you couldn't use two screens and the manual to learn how to play. Thanks.

Hubert Cater -> RE: turn off the auto-scroll [?] (1/15/2019 12:52:06 AM)

Hi Jazjef,

Sorry to hear about the trouble as this is an odd one for sure as I too run on dual monitors with a similar setup at times and do not have this issue. One thing the game does is scroll to the right for the first 25 pixels or so on the second monitory, but if you mouse past that onto your second monitor it shouldn't scroll.

If you mouse moves quickly over to the second monitor, and let's say over to the middle of the second monitor, does this help? Essentially only along the left most edge of the second monitor will the game possibly scroll to the right.

Hubert

BillRunacre -> RE: turn off the auto-scroll [?] (1/15/2019 4:25:51 PM)

I have seen this, and what I've found stops it is selecting a resource and right clicking on it.

At least on my PC, that prevents the map scrolling when I move the mouse over to the other Monitor.

jazjef -> RE: turn off the auto-scroll [?] (1/15/2019 10:43:13 PM)

Yes! Actually, you are both right-----when I move quickly from on screen to the other AND click on the newly acquired screen, scrolling stops. So, you have to actually 'select' the monitor. Now switching screens is very manageable.....

I love this game---beautiful interface----and I found a mod that puts silhouette units on the map. Sweet. I'm new at this, and the silhouette on this interface take me back to Avalon Hill PanzerLeader that my mom bought for me back about 1977.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI