New German Film Called "The Captain" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

radic202 -> New German Film Called "The Captain" (1/16/2019 3:21:56 PM)

Has anyone seen this?

[image][URL=http://s568.photobucket.com/user/radic202/media/MV5BY2NiOGRlZDEtNDM5NS00OWQ0LTlkNzctMWZlMTkzNWJhZTNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg5NTg2NDU._V1_SY1000_CR006741000_AL__1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/radic202/MV5BY2NiOGRlZDEtNDM5NS00OWQ0LTlkNzctMWZlMTkzNWJhZTNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg5NTg2NDU._V1_SY1000_CR006741000_AL__1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/image]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6763252/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"In the last moments of World War II, a young German soldier fighting for survival finds a Nazi captain's uniform. Impersonating an officer, the man quickly takes on the monstrous identity of the perpetrators he is trying to escape from."

I absolutely loved the first 45 minutes or so but after that it got silly and boring but still worth viewing nonetheless. Just was wondering if anyone else has seen it and if I was the only one kind of disappointing with it?

One great thing is that it is a full German war film instead of seeing it told via the Allies side.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: New German Film Called "The Captain" (1/16/2019 4:02:06 PM)

Yes, and you accurately described my experience. I subscribe everything you said. But others might appreciate it more than we did.

Piteas -> RE: New German Film Called "The Captain" (1/16/2019 4:14:01 PM)

A modest but good movie on real events.
This false and insane captain giving orders in the april 1945 Germany is quite metaphorical.

radic202 -> RE: New German Film Called "The Captain" (1/16/2019 4:29:27 PM)

I was watching this with my 17 year old Nephew who is a huge WW2 Fan and he asked me a great question. "How could an Air force Captain wield so much power when at that stage of the war there was practically no Luftwaffe? Should not the Army personnel he met along the way and commanded "ridicule" him and his Air force Service performance? Thus telling him to be on his way and go find his own brethren?

Al I was very surprised to see the German civilian population treat their army comrades so poorly. They were from the same culture and country after all. Putting the looting aside, I would have thought them to be more sympathetic or loyal to their soldiers!

And does anyone know where in Germany this took place? I presume the Western part of Germany.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: New German Film Called "The Captain" (1/16/2019 4:59:32 PM)

quote:

And does anyone know where in Germany this took place? I presume the Western part of Germany.

Given that they don't say it, I guess Piteas has to be onto something. The movie has to be a metaphor and thus these details are irrelevant.

Tell your nephew that Germans really followed the leader [:D]

RangerJoe -> RE: New German Film Called "The Captain" (1/16/2019 5:29:41 PM)

There culture and training was "an order is an order and it must be followed" which explains a lot.

zakblood -> RE: New German Film Called "The Captain" (1/16/2019 6:17:03 PM)

poor at best, next to useless at worse, can't say it's a classic or even good film at the very best, no idea on where i came from, but imo it maybe should have stayed undone [:D]

nukkxx5058 -> RE: New German Film Called "The Captain" (1/17/2019 11:47:34 AM)

I liked the movie. Would give it 7/10. I liked the fact that for once, it shows that the German Army was not just populated with caricatural monsters but that officers, after all, had some sense of ethics (even if they get conned in the movie).
It changes from the usual Hollywood fairy tale ...
Otherwise acting is quite good as well as directing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI