Surrender option (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)

Etzel -> Surrender option (1/25/2019 1:27:10 PM)

Is there an option to offer my PBEM opponent my surrender? Could't figure it out in the manual and found nothing in the forum.

Regards,
Etzel

Markiss -> RE: Surrender option (1/25/2019 2:38:33 PM)

On the PBEM screen, where you would select the game and hit "play", you will notice an "x" to the far right of each game. Hit it, and you will resign the challenge, immediately and irrevocably.

Etzel -> RE: Surrender option (1/25/2019 2:46:49 PM)

Yes, I saw that. To me it seemed kind of "unfriendly" just to give up without saying "thank you for the game" or explaining why any hope to recover vanished or things like that.

Regards,
Etzel

Markiss -> RE: Surrender option (1/25/2019 2:59:10 PM)

It is rather abrupt. If you want to be more friendly, you can PM them, but you have no way of knowing when they will see it, as not everyone logs into the forums every day.
Or, you could complete one last turn, and use the in-game messaging to let them know it is your last, but you only have like 40 characters, so you have to be brief.

Etzel -> RE: Surrender option (1/25/2019 3:12:34 PM)

I see. Maybe that's something which could be upgraded in a future version ...

Regards,
Etzel

Markiss -> RE: Surrender option (1/25/2019 3:19:06 PM)

I guess the solution could be to use the in-game messaging system to ask them to check their personal messages. That way you could alert them to the fact that you have something fairly lengthy to say. If they subsequently just took their turn, then you could resign to get the point across more forcefully. A resignation should prompt most people to check their inbox.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI