RE: Time travel + instructions to build time machine (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Zap -> RE: Time travel + instructions to build time machine (2/2/2019 5:34:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Paper published by the Cornell University (part of the Ivy League, so I assume in theory a serious lot):

https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.09505

and and and...

pdf with the instructions for the time machine [:D]

I'm surprised Cornell University has not got wind of the solutions to time travel posted here. It would save them a lot of time trying to figure it out by themselves[:)]

Orm -> RE: Time travel + instructions to build time machine (2/2/2019 8:11:30 PM)

Maybe we shouldn't call it a time machine?

One-Minute Time Machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBkBS4O3yvY

stuart3 -> RE: Time travel + instructions to build time machine (2/2/2019 9:14:29 PM)

I don't know why people are having problems. The time machine I am going to build in fifteen years time has always worked perfectly well. [:D]

Poopyhead -> RE: Time travel + instructions to build time machine (2/4/2019 2:28:15 AM)

The "time machine" design is on page 6. One singularity wire, which I believe are Cosmic strings or a Kerr ring singularity, allows FTL travel in one direction by bending space-time. The other singularity wire allows FTL travel in the opposite direction.

"A rocket capable of relativistic velocities travels along the bottom wire from Event A to Event B. The rocket will then turn around and travel back along the top wire to Event C, which has the same spatial location as Event A. We will show that it is possible for Event C to occur before Event A in frame S."

One of the authors, Caroline Mallary, was inspired by the film Interstellar.

Lobster -> RE: Time travel + instructions to build time machine (2/4/2019 3:45:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

One of the authors, Caroline Mallary, was inspired by the film Interstellar.

Even I was smart enough to know they should go to the planets farthest from the singularity first even minus the tides. [sm=00000030.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI