Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports

Dinglir -> Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/3/2019 6:33:38 AM)

As I have now received turn five finished from SParkley, the AAR can commence.

STEF78 -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/3/2019 9:02:01 AM)

Good luck, ST is a very good player.

some comments:
- about my rate of play: You're right, I'm not retired and thus do my turn within 2 hours max when everyone sleeps at home. I can afford more time on the week end...
- at least 2 pockets in the South look breachable
- 105% for the morale is also a big advantage for the axis in 1941. You will get inf units at 99% exp / morale against newly formed USSR units…
- Is 80% logistics for both side or only for the axis?

timmyab -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/3/2019 10:36:05 AM)

Looking forward to this one.

The Northern Pocket may be a bit leaky just South of Riga. This shouldn't be a problem though.

I agree that the Center pocket should hold. Actually a bit of a game design fault when you consider that in real life the Germans couldn't stop it leaking with five pz corps.

In the South I think that all three pockets can be resupplied. Whether Sparkley will chose to resupply the Kovel pocket is another question. I probably wouldn't bother. I would certainly burn a division in the Tarnopol area though to resupply the Lvov pocket. This is something that the game gets right in that it's nearly always a good idea to sacrifice a Soviet division if it causes significant hold ups for the Axis player.
I'm glad you haven't done an extended pocket. Personally I'd be happy with a house rule that forbids it.

The Soviet 34th tank division looks more threatening than it really is. If I remember correctly a hasty attack with a pz corps should shift it.

Yeah the fort attack was a shocker. Luckily it's not a critical attack.

Good luck with the game.

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/3/2019 2:42:16 PM)

Both great players so should be a really good game :) I am unsure of the consequences the morale and logistics will have since any addition is always a plus for the Germans since they have the advantage early game. But we shall see. Good luck to both of you.

@ Stef: I wish I could do my turns in 2 hours :(

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/4/2019 3:43:57 PM)

Hi all.

The logistics modifier is for both sides, which should also make the coming Soviet attacks more challenging.

As for the Moral rating, remember that the National Morale of either side is the same as always. It is simply the chance of a morale increase due to training, retreating instead of routing etc that has changed. I do see some decent advantages in this for the early war Soviets as well.

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/4/2019 6:58:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

Hi all.

The logistics modifier is for both sides, which should also make the coming Soviet attacks more challenging.

As for the Moral rating, remember that the National Morale of either side is the same as always. It is simply the chance of a morale increase due to training, retreating instead of routing etc that has changed. I do see some decent advantages in this for the early war Soviets as well.

Exactly, the modifiers moved and basically you have status quo with different thresholds. With that being said the Germans still has the advantage early game.

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/4/2019 8:05:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain
Exactly, the modifiers moved and basically you have status quo with different thresholds.

Unlike most people around here, I do not believe that the Germans are actually overpowered as such. Instead, I believe it is the attack itself that has been given to much power. This usually translate into the Germans winning as they start on the offensive.

By nerfing the logistics modifier, the possibilities for deep penetrations are severely reduced. Once you leave the railheads behind, that lack of fuel will hurt you whether you are Soviet or Axis.

If the Soviets stand a better chance of surviving the fall of 1941, getting more of the production evacuated east, losing less manpower centers to deep penetrations etc, they WILL have a better chance of winning the overall game.

Besides that, the fact that the Axis are less able to "script" their advance (having seen every situation 25 times before), that will also help blunting the German blitzkrieg of 1941.

Anyways, shaking the game settings up a little also help create a new challenge for both players. In my opinion, that alone makes the changes a good idea.

xhoel -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/4/2019 9:05:39 PM)

Looking forward to this. The modifiers are interesting and would be nice to see how they affect the game as it goes. Will be following!

bigbaba1111 -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/4/2019 10:27:26 PM)

very nice. finaly a new AAR. booked!

mrhuggles -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/5/2019 1:00:03 AM)

Exciting, I don't know who I'm rooting for [:D]

Also that's a lot of planes...

AFV -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/7/2019 12:36:07 AM)

I am genuinely excited to see you back, Dinglir. Your AARs are simply the best. I hope to learn a lot from your triumphs (and failures)- but wishing both of you the best.
I like adding the modifiers. I am always amazed at how people complain about balance but never use any modifiers!

5,691 Soviet aircraft killed on T1 is excellent. Its not an A+ (that's 6,696- Beender, he uses Black Magic), but you have a solid A here.

North and Central look pretty good. I think there is a good chance that the Central pocket was broken SE of Minsk however. I guess we will soon see!

I think in the South- I am guessing the initial pocket was broken, around Tarnopol. However, that is not a disaster, just not optimal. We will soon see of course, fingers crossed.

Questions:
Your spreadsheets- how do you actually populate them? (ie do you use the export function in game or?)
Did you use any AP points on T1?
Where are your planned rail routes?

56ajax -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/7/2019 5:21:35 AM)

I like you calling him Sparkley and not.....

If you think he is a slow player should see me...

In our game ST handed me my hat and pushed me out the door by T11 so good luck.....

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/7/2019 4:47:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AFV
I am genuinely excited to see you back, Dinglir. Your AARs are simply the best. I hope to learn a lot from your triumphs (and failures)- but wishing both of you the best.

Thanks. Good to be back.

As for the spreadsheets, they are done the oldfashioned way with simply typing the values into the spreadsheet.

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/7/2019 4:48:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 56ajax

I like you calling him Sparkley and not.....

If you think he is a slow player should see me...

In our game ST handed me my hat and pushed me out the door by T11 so good luck.....

The term I use is "slow paced". Simply saying "slow" is implying something a bit different :-)

If Sparkley, playing as the Soviets, is capable of kicking me out the door (ie out of the Soviet Union) by turn 11, I will be more than a little impressed...

SparkleyTits -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/7/2019 4:55:32 PM)

If I could somehow achieve that unholy miracle I would think seppuku was in order Dinglr!

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/8/2019 5:48:52 PM)

Turn Two

schascha -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/8/2019 7:32:07 PM)

Very good AAR thx[&o][&o][&o]

Good luck for the game

Crackaces -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/8/2019 8:08:05 PM)

I am very interested in how altering starting parameters affects game play. It looks like it has had a desired effect.

SparkleyTits -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/8/2019 8:16:52 PM)

One thing about the morale modifiers is that only the NM cap is increased, it does not higher the actual morale of any units when they come into play they are just bog standard rolls so I have to do training to get the benefits

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/9/2019 6:25:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: schascha

Very good AAR thx[&o][&o][&o]

Good luck for the game

Thanks, hope you will enjoy it.

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/9/2019 6:26:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces
I am very interested in how altering starting parameters affects game play. It looks like it has had a desired effect.

The logistics modifier is actually not showing quite yet.

For the first two game turns, the German Panzers will be burning through the fuelstocks inherent in the units at game start, and this has not changed. From turn three onwards, the impact of less fuel reaching the forward units will begin to have an effect. Stay tuned.

dcaflak -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/10/2019 1:27:59 PM)

I admit I don't know much about WITE, but this seems like the beginning of an awesome game, which I'll gladly follow on both sides.

Good luck, and you probably don't need me to tell you: watch out for frostburns!

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/14/2019 10:34:16 AM)

Dinglir's textbook AAR series continued, good news :-)

Interesting experiment with the settings. No real idea who will benefit most from this. IIRC 105 morale means higher default NM settings for both sides. A key effect is that it is easier to reach the magic morale settings for MP calculations, especially >80 morale for Axis infantry in 1941, which usually is a bit difficult to reach quickly.

Does 105 morale add 5 morale to default value or 5% of default unit morale? Become 45NM for Soviet units 50NM or 47.25?

SparkleyTits -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/14/2019 10:36:08 AM)

It's 5% so Dinglr is getting 4 maximum NM and I am getting 2 maximum NM atm

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/14/2019 10:41:19 AM)

Thanks. You can look forward to a German 81+ morale juggernaut then [:D]
Aka morale farming. Tip to Dinglir: Setting German infantry units far from non-isolated enemy (e.g. on pocket cleanign duty) to refit with low MAX TOE increases morale gain to NM level considerably, shoudl be very useful with the morale settings.

SparkleyTits -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/14/2019 10:56:01 AM)

Yeah I am especially terrified of the 1942 implications [:D]

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/14/2019 4:22:22 PM)

Turn three

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/22/2019 3:24:25 PM)

Turn four.

SparkleyTits -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/22/2019 3:38:07 PM)

Just thought I would let you know I flew nothing at all in night mode bud

I just used recon to test your intercept range and would bomb everything incessently outside of it

Dinglir -> RE: Russia: Motherland or Lebensraum - All Welcome (Dinglir vrs SparkleyTits) (2/22/2019 4:20:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

Just thought I would let you know I flew nothing at all in night mode bud

I just used recon to test your intercept range and would bomb everything incessently outside of it

Ah. I see.

I did spend some time wondering about the amount of your recon missions.

That explains a lot.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI