Strategic Command WWII: World at War Mods Highlight (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

Daniele -> Strategic Command WWII: World at War Mods Highlight (2/13/2019 9:35:41 AM)

With the release of World at War, the Strategic Command franchise has expanded greatly the amount of content that was at disposal in War in Europe. And, surely, one thing that has received enormous attention by the community is the Modding activity.

We have decided to give a highlight on four Mods that grabbed our attention, and we are very happy to see the community getting bigger and bigger!

Kudos to IronX, SIPRES, and weaslex for such great work!

Iron Cross 2D Counter

The Napoleonic Wars 1805-1815

Panzer Corps Atlas Mod

High Res counter MOD

Follow Matrix Games on Twitter (@Matrix_Wargames) and Facebook to stay updated on the latest news!

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Banners/SCWWII_WaW/SC_FB-post_mod_list.jpg[/image]

Spartan07 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Mods Highlight (5/25/2019 10:54:05 PM)

Really struggling to get these mods installed. Makes no difference and game opens up same as always.

I bought my game through steam. Is that that the problem?
Mike

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Mods Highlight (5/26/2019 12:45:37 AM)

As far as I can tell The Napoleonic, Panzer Corp and Hi Res mods are for War in Europe (they may be installable on WaW but I'm not sure), The Napoleonic and Panzer Corps aren't yet actual mods but work in progress.

Iron Cross is a cracking mod (as is Knight's Cross for WiE), I installed it by overwriting the base game files which worked for me on both the Matrix and Steam installs.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Mods Highlight (5/26/2019 4:57:23 PM)

quote:

I bought my game through steam.

[:-]

It may not be the direct cause, but it certainly is a contributor. People need to stop using this third party vampire-ware. Eventually it will go away and the developers will be able to get back to developing. Meanwhile, all of us suffer.

Simulacra53 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Mods Highlight (5/26/2019 5:40:14 PM)

Steam generally does not conflict with mods, certainly not SC3.

Using mods requires some attention to detail.
Knowing where your game is installed, its structure and reading the documentation included with the mod.
Using something like JSGME greatly simplifies mod installation and maintenance, but also requires a basic understanding of your game files and directory structure (most mods come with the directory structure included).

SC3 WaW also comes with its own mod installation tool - again you need some basic understanding of the file and directory structure, and the instructions included.

On Steam I used various methods manual, JSGME, inbuilt modding + my own variants (as I don’t like using the user profile for mods, tsk tsk tsk).
All work fine.

What you do have to keep in mind though is using Steam’s automatic updates together with mods, as this may mess up the install and/or mod.
Easy to fix though, by running a file integrity check to restore the original files. With JSMGE it is pretty easy and the same is true for the inbuild mod system.

When you have problems, remove the mod, run the file integrity check and reinstall the mod.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Mods Highlight (5/26/2019 8:36:08 PM)

quote:

Easy to fix though

What I'm saying is, why waste your time? It's just as easy to learn where your files are on your computer. I figured it out myself, and I'm an idiot [:)]

I've scanned thru the forums here looking for something positive about steam and have only found problems. A few folks make apologies or excuses for it, but those are easy to see thru.

When I found out that developers have to spend their time and efforts babysitting this program, I decided that I should speak up every now and then when it is mentioned. I am a realist, I don't expect anything to change, but who knows, if enough people stop using it then maybe one day it will go away, and the community will be much better for it.

Simulacra53 -> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Mods Highlight (5/26/2019 8:51:35 PM)

I have independent installs, Steam, Ubi, Epic, Origin, Blizzard (and maybe something else).

I buy my Matrix games directly from Matrix, and install on Steam if available or stand-alone if not, either is fine by me.
Been happily using Steam for 10 years.

That’s not an excuse, I have no vested interest and don’t care whether you choose to use Steam or not, I was just pointing out that Steam does not make using mods more difficult, certainly not for SC3.

I also did not claim that it is rocket science to maintain games as stand alone games or via Steam, just that modding on either requires some basic understanding of file structures etc. Even if it is relatively simple it does not mean that everyone is at ease messing with files, directories and beyond.

Husbanding a program for Steam, now that’s a new one.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI