RE: Fixed, and Updated: The V-Bombers, 1962 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

Randomizer -> RE: Fixed, and Updated: The V-Bombers, 1962 (4/30/2019 8:25:01 PM)

I will look at the 218 Squadron issue and perhaps re-target the incoming. As far as I have been able to determine the Soviets never practised counterforce targeting so the destruction of 218 might be incidental and due to a near-hit of nearby infrastructure.

Collateral damage is not a term used much in the nuclear targeting lexicon where instead it is referred to as "incidental damage".

-C

baboeska -> RE: New Scenario - The V-Bombers, 1962 (5/1/2019 9:49:05 AM)

Brilliant scenario, I love it.
The feeling of somewhat confidence slowly shattered by incoming missiles and the futility of the entire situation really ring home, one of the best and most educational scenarios of the year imo, and obv. what you have shown us must have been inspiration for Threads and the other black and white BBC thingamebob.
Really, well done, hopefully it'll serve your intended purpose.

Randomizer -> RE: New Scenario - The V-Bombers, 1962 (5/1/2019 4:54:16 PM)

Thank you for the kind words. I watched Threads on the CBC in 1984 (had been promoted to Sergeant that week) but it really did not have a conscious hand in The V-Bombers. Rather the scenario demonstrates the decline of the RAF compared to the USAF by this time. In my scenario Wargasm '62 the alert forces of the 93rd Strategic Wing pack more firepower (measured in megatons) than entire strategic element of Bomber Command could deliver in a single strike. There were another 20+ combat wings in SAC during 1962.

But it doesn't matter, everybody still loses and one of the goals of my CMANO apocalypse collection is to illustrate exactly that.

I have temporarily withdrawn the scenario to make some major changes; the PGM-17 Thor missiles will now spawn via Lua script when ready so the Player will no longer be spammed with false sighting reports in the log plus some other improvements and fixes.

Should ready by the weekend or next week some time but no guarantees are offered.

-C

Ancalagon451 -> RE: New Scenario - The V-Bombers, 1962 (5/1/2019 6:17:33 PM)

Just a little heads up, the tally of Thor detonations currently stands at 27 from 39 launched missiles (69.5%) so it seems that I simply was unlucky the first time.

Ancalagon

Dragnaath -> RE: New Scenario - The V-Bombers, 1962 (5/2/2019 12:09:37 AM)

Where is the scenario file download link?

Thx

Ancalagon451 -> RE: New Scenario - The V-Bombers, 1962 (5/2/2019 5:04:22 AM)

Temporally unavailable while it is upgraded to the new version, you can read it three posts over this one.

Also new issue found: RAF Llanbedr is still without munitions after it's assigned event has triggered. It's the only one, all the other dispersal bases received them.

Ancalagon

Randomizer -> RE: New Scenario - The V-Bombers, 1962 (5/2/2019 5:53:28 AM)

OK, many thanks. Easy fix for RAE Lanbedr, I had the wrong GUID so the ammo was going to the pad at Prestwick. Will probably have the final version uploaded Thursday 2 May sometime PDT. The Thor bases are no longer primary targets but some are close to such targets and there may be losses. 1 MT warheads are hardly precision weapons.

Really appreciate the feedback, have spent most of the last two days tinkering and tweaking but now have the Thors appearing via script when ready to eliminate the tiresome messages in the log.

Thanks.

-C

Randomizer -> Final, fixed and finished The V-Bombers (5/2/2019 3:16:03 PM)

Thanks for the feedback and patience.

Final Changes:

- Target lists (one arrives during the game by event) now include target coordinates

- Thor missiles now spawn when ready so no more sighting spam in the log

- Fixed and rationalized targets visible to the Player

- Reworked Soviet RSVN mission packages with more counter-value and fewer counter-force targets

- Fixed errors in Special Weapons delivery event

Unzip wherever your Community scenarios live and over write as needed.

-C

Edit - Fixed the 77-C missile action not firing.

Ancalagon451 -> RE: Final, fixed and finished The V-Bombers (5/2/2019 7:22:57 PM)

OK, I'm not going to play this monster for a third time (I stopped the second one after razing Moscow to the ground), but I made a dry run (leting the clock run doing nothing and see what happens).

The end on the detection spam is god's blessing, not only regained use of the log but I think that even scenario performace has slighty improved.

All events trigger correctly but the one that generates the 77-C missile it's not working, I received the message but the missile launcher didn't appear. All other events of any type worked fine, including the soviet ones for the follow on strikes.

I also fired a pair of (almost) full salvoes with the Thor missiles and consistently obtained 65-67% reliability, a little low but in the ballpark, so it can be left as is.

Other than that, I found nothing obviously wrong so I think that, once 77-C is fixed, this grimm monster of yours will be ready for the community.

Now I'll go to see something to lift my spiritis, like photos from the funeral of my grandpa [:'(].

Ancalagon

Randomizer -> RE: Final, fixed and finished The V-Bombers (5/2/2019 8:26:31 PM)

@ Ancalagon,

Thanks for the feedback and error finding. The thing is posted and done and I'm going to fuss my Cat.

-C

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI