Best Monitor Set up (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

jockstersi -> Best Monitor Set up (2/21/2019 12:44:57 PM)

Hi,

I am now hooked on WitE....

Going to buy a new monitor and, as most of my PC time will be for WitE, would like to know any general monitor recommendations so I can a reasonably large but, clear, map/counters.

Just looking for
- size 28/32inch?
- resolution?
- aspect ratio?

At the moment play on a 14 inch Dell laptop (1920 X 1080) with an NVIDIA GTX 960M graphics card

Many thanks for any help, Simon

Crackaces -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/21/2019 1:27:06 PM)

I use a LG 34UM68 with no complaints . Game on the LG, Commanders allocations and orders on the laptop screen :) I also play 4K movies .. about 300 bucks ..

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/21/2019 2:00:20 PM)

The higher the resolution, the greater the share of the WitE map you can view at once. The greater the screen, the more you can actually use that capability without being forced to stare at the screen from close distance.

A nice to have feature is to have a screen which can be turned. THe WitE frontline usually runs North-South, so by turning my screen, I can view a greater share of the frontline at once.

zakblood -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/21/2019 2:14:12 PM)

for war gaming, i may disagree with many or most comments as tbh you don't need or won't use 4k that is for sure, so don't spend the money

any modern cheap TV will do for most jobs,

i use a few monitors upto my biggest a 29" LED which is old by today's standard and only works at 75HZ and a max size of 1920x1080, but that's all i ever need so works fine for me

was thinking of buying this, but just for the price, not for the 4k part

Q3279VWFD8 32" 2560X1440 IPS 75HZ FREESYNC WIDESCREEN LED MONITOR made by AOC, so cheap as chips at just over £200

but i mainly use some old TV's to play war games on, all are wide screens and large TV's, LED for a 50HZ model, your looking at around again £200 for a 40" which runs games well at Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels with a low 4ms, so plenty good enough, maybe not so for high end FPS, but war games, fine

so you don't have to spend a lot on a high end super fast monitor now days, unless your really into none war games, and have a high end pc and a silly money card in it, which will use it, most won't notice the difference,...

jockstersi -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/21/2019 3:46:02 PM)

Many thanks for all your replies and the help, that gives me something to work on, kind regards, Simon

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/21/2019 4:53:04 PM)

I play on a 49 inch Samsung Monitor. I can almost see from Moscow to Berlin without scrolling at all. It is nice since I don’t have to scroll the screen as often to see or move my units. The top Monitor is a 36 inch LG that I use to view the web while playing. It is overboard for WITE but they are really for my MMO experience.

[image]local://upfiles/53556/375CC021883C499C9531DF509DAD7A47.jpg[/image]

thedoctorking -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/21/2019 5:38:55 PM)

I change the aspect ratio of my secondary monitor and then manually turn the monitor on its side to see a larger part of the front. I'd love it if you could flip the north-south orientation of the map in the game (making east at the top).

uw06670 -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/23/2019 7:02:32 PM)

Wow, look at that monster screen!

Has anyone had luck with multiple monitors? I tried briefly by stretching the window out across both without maximizing, its was okay. But it might be cool with two vertical monitors.

Dinglir -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/24/2019 10:10:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

I play on a 49 inch Samsung Monitor. I can almost see from Moscow to Berlin without scrolling at all. It is nice since I don’t have to scroll the screen as often to see or move my units. The top Monitor is a 36 inch LG that I use to view the web while playing. It is overboard for WITE but they are really for my MMO experience.

[image]local://upfiles/53556/375CC021883C499C9531DF509DAD7A47.jpg[/image]

I always knew you were serious about this game, but this setup is beyond what I had expected.

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/24/2019 8:24:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

I always knew you were serious about this game, but this setup is beyond what I had expected.

Yes, I love WITE :-). Just my time to play has dwindled a great since starting a new Company.

56ajax -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/25/2019 12:22:43 AM)

HYLA, it looks magnificent. [:)]

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Best Monitor Set up (2/25/2019 12:34:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 56ajax

HYLA, it looks magnificent. [:)]

Thank you, I love it myself. Been playing on it since June time frame of 2018. Now looking at the picture I guess I should have put away the money on bottom left corner of my desk in the green tubes, LOL. I am sure most people don't know what those are anyway ;-P. BUT I could be wrong.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI