RE: Elvis Gold Records (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/4/2020 6:04:13 AM)

Elvis is back! Stuck on You. After a 1-year furlough from the game, time to return to sender. Year ago, the weather broke, could not justify playing 10 games when I should be golfing. The play balance was a tad off, wanna say version 1.02 had been released. That doesn't really matter. What counts, I'm here now, much like the Elvis returning from the Army, the '68 Comeback Special, or Las Vegas Hilton International. This is a new decade. Was happy to see I could reinstall the game, no problem. The world events provided easy motivation to bunker, and game. Starting my records fresh.

Game #1
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allied) ---> Type of Victory: Splash down donation in the Atlantic. Game ended May 1942, *key to victory: Won MASSIVE naval battle West of Gibraltar in 1941.
Loser = Stam(Axis)

Summary: As Allied Commander, did a reasonable good job with the French/British defense. Wanna say I held Paris until August 1940, was able to 'Ham & Egg a defense and successful escape of the British Army. Stam, my Axis opponent was difficult to get a read, what he was going to do next. Stam certainly knew how to play the Japanese against the Chinese. He absolutely steamrolled my defenses in the Far East. At the time of surrender, the capital was lost. Not really sure how he did so well in Japan, but sub par in France.

The game was won West of Gibraltar, I really stumbled onto a huge naval win. In late 1940, I had no clue what I wanted to do with the British, had a balanced ground game (Homeland defense, Egypt). Had no idea what he would do. I ended up shifting the Royal Navy to the Rock from both directions, and just happened to stumble into 6+ U-boats on the West, and the Italian Navy East of the Rock. I hit jackpot on the timing. Was really lucky. Smashed the Italians first, and surrounded the trapped WolfPack & destroyed in 3 turns. Took little damage, carriers carried the load. The Axis strategy was going to shove everything in the MedFront.

After the seas were settled early, the tormented Luftwaffe got obsessed battling of Sicily/North Africa. Bought great amount of time along with that delaying action in France. Russians had it easy.

Record 1-0
1939 Allied record 1-0

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/6/2020 2:23:51 AM)

Game #2
1939 World at War Naval Mod
Winner = Sparky0565(Axis) ---> Type of Victory: Japanese sank Yankee Fleet behind Japan, along with landing force of George S. Patton. Everyone wiped out.
Loser = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies)

Summary: First time EVER playing the Naval Mod. I didn't practice, didn't read rules, read changes. Got my ass kicked. Royal Navy was toyed with. Had all my ports raided, was unprepared. Ships/Subs that I'd normally destory, just ran & bounced. Royal Navy sucked this game. That wasn't the game changer, never is. Was rather frustrated, needed to do something with the British lacking. Took the entire Yankee Fleet and Patton's landing force for sneak attack behind Japan to help the Russians. Had to be a 1-turn grab of a Jap city, or disaster. Well, it was a disaster. The landing missed by 1-hit of damage against a Garrison. Some lacky Jap Cruiser "Screened" a good solid six pack of attacks. Did minimal damage. The "Screening" was something new, never experienced that. Japanese wiped me out. Regardless, was a crazy move. Was on title. Sparky played well, rather methodic. He took Russia in Febuary 1943 since their was no legit help from USA. British did nothing either. Fleet was garbage.

Game #1 [WIN] 1939 Allied (Stam = Axis)
Game #2 [LOSS] 1939 Naval Mod Allied (Sparky0565 = Axis)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/9/2020 6:46:17 PM)

Game #3
1942 Axis High Tide
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) ---> Type of Victory by resign 1944 decision: Germans took Stalingrad, Caucasus, with pressure on Moscow. Allies bogged & frustrated in France. Japs hit Yankee Fleet at Midway & Iwo Jima
Loser = ratprince (Allies)

Summary: 1942 is Axis High Tide. Germans jumped off well, of course, on the way to taking Stalingrad and driving to the Caucasus. Moscow was held, but slowly getting worked, because of freed troops in Army Group South. Lennigrad had to fall back, but no damage taken. Allies came to France, Western ports very quickly and turned into a parking lot of units. Luftwaffe Air Units held the skies, with experience HQ and great supply. Bought Heavy Tanks of course. France was packed, no moment either side. Allies went suicidal paratroops, all waxed.

In Asia, Japs did nice damage at Midway. Huge Naval battle at Iwo Jima. Yanks should have backed off, first battle was an even exchange. Yanks surrender.

Game #3 [WIN] 1942 Axis High Tide (ratprince = Allies)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/12/2020 9:06:04 AM)

Game #4
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Marginal Victory for Allies, mutual consent to end & start new. 1944, Japan was in corner & Germans finally on their way back home.
Loser = ThunderLizard11 (Axis)

Summary: Had an incredible Allied start, could not ask for a better start. ThunderLizard11 did a delayed Pearl Harbor landing. On December 7th, Jap Carriers wiped out Battleship row. Japan decided to land Oahu on their next turn. Just some happened a well equiped Aussie Navy had sailed to the East; along with USA contingent of Carriers & couple Maritime spotters. Yanks & Aussies won a significant naval battle in the next 2-turns, sinking 3 or 4 carriers, and support ships. Have never had this good of a start to a game.

During the game, I was quite impressed by ThunderLizard's game play. Germany did not waiver! Nazis pushed the Reds all over the map, the entire game. All the way to the Gates of Moscow & even more scary, 2-hexes to claiming the wealth of the Urals. Multiple times I thought the game was lost. The only saving grace, the Americans had quick control of the Pacific. Problem was, I made multiple lazy mistakes, taking the situation for granted. HQ-Slim was killed at decision point & totally changed the ground game in Asia. Looked like I had things going good, but no, game turned into a meat grinder. Japs were picking off Chinese, and US Capital ships with long range Air on Japan. In Europe, the Germans pounced on Allied forces in France. Lots of body bags. Russians were beyond disorganized. Their one moment to shine was Finland, but bad choice of chasing banged up Finn Army into a icy swamped, hosed that frontier for long time. Getting Finland was a big deal, as the Urals in jeopardy. This allowed key units off the Northern boarder. Allies dumped units in Sicily, Greece & only distracted. We finished in 1944. Highly doubt I would have gotten Germany, meaning Berlin. Japan's Island would matter of time, no ships, no air, eventually. Japs still controlled China with their Elite troops.

Game #4 [WIN] 1939 Allied (ThunderLizard11)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/12/2020 9:14:48 AM)

Game #5
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Allies captured Tokyo in July 1944. Berlin taken in October 1944.
Loser = EvilMachtin (Axis)

Summary: Germans as usual a complete pain in the ass to take. EvilMachtin wasn't surrendering until Berlin was taken. This guy Blitz, London the entire game. Air Strategy. Great Britain exchanged, exchanged, and kept exchanging air casualties. I could have avoided, but figured, hey, at least it helped Russia. This guy pounded the Brits. Even with little MMPs in the East, Russians got pounded also. The necessary method to win, was beating Japan. Americans got ahold of Taiwan & turned it into an Air Base and worked over a cornered Nippon. If his Japan play was better, he would have won the game. It took forever for Germany to get weak. I dumped troops in Greece, France, Sicily, shores of France. Nothing but a splattering, because it was more about air & ports. I could hunker and buy time, since all Axis MMPs went into air.

Game #4 [WIN] 1939 Allied (ThunderLizard11 = Axis)
Game #5 [WIN] 1939 Allied (EvilMachtin = Axis)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/12/2020 9:44:25 AM)

Game #6
1939 World at War
Winner = ThunderLizard11 (Allies) ---> Germans tried early Belgium attack, caused delay. Got frustrated & overextended into France.
Loser = ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis)

Summary: Still not a big deal, despite losing the Mobile Panzer 1-1-1 piece and a Corp. There was no reason to rush. Proceeded to go nuts with combined Italian/Nazi navies. Still wasn't all that bad. But I was getting drained of MMPs. Tried to steal a port with Paratroops in England for miracle, nah, found HQ & rebuilt BEF. Surrendered.

Game #6 [LOSS] 1939 Axis (ThunderLizard11 = Allies)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/13/2020 11:53:34 AM)

Game #7
1939 World at War
Winner = phantOm (Allies) ---> Italy surrenders in February 1941, did not know that Africa matters. Oh, well.
Loser = ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis)

Summary: Had solid game going. PhantOm did some early slugging with the Chinese, he must have figured out I moved Jap HQ in the North, so I was weak there to overstack in South. Everything seemed normal, but apparently you must care about Africa? Italy quit. Then I had to.

Game #7 [LOSS] 1939 Axis (phantOm = Allies)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/17/2020 12:50:23 AM)

Game #8
1939 World at War
Winner = Sparky0565 (Axis) ---> His cookie cutter Panzers plus Maritime Bombers creating havic

Summary: Not alot Russia could do against the all Panzer strategy. Moscow surrounded by 8+ Panzers and Mech units. Allies tried to invasion via Spain, bogged. RAF got lousy constant rain on one-side of the Channel to coordinate an attack. Sparky did solid job using Maritime bombers at the Artic Circle and Pacific to spot and bomb.

Game #8 [LOSS] 1939 Allied (Sparky0565 = Axis)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/20/2020 5:41:18 AM)

Game #9
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Wow, I barely won this game, thanks to a brave USA Naval landing on islands near and off Japan. He resigned in September 1944.
Loser = Stam (Axis)

Summary: I'm rather shocked Stam surrendered. He conquered China. Completely waxed China. The Germans convinced both Spain & Yugoslavia to join. Nazis had a massive infantry in Russia, which was sawing the Reds apart on the ground with attrition due to experienced Corps. Stam went very heavy with the ground Corps. He was stuck at the gates of Moscow with majority infantry. But he had Stalingrad and massive amount of experienced Corps. The Allies had half of France, but not Paris, but my troops were battered. What was the difference? I tried Scandinavia. British had couple tanks in Finland, help Russia, but not game winner. Yanks won this game alone. Taking Norway, and Denmark, and breaking into Norther Germany. Was gonna take long-time to get Air Support to close.

In the Pacific, the Chinese were completely trashed, destoryed, they surrendered. Stam went nuts on them. My only chance was to hope he put all those MMPs into Air/Ground against China, because I got waxed there. USA had to do something. We bypassed the majority the juicy targets after free Malaya. We emptied the kitchen sink into capturing Taiwan and Okinawa. Air Bases set-up. Landed on both ends of Japan, but Stam had massive Armies and experienced ones. Would have taken me a Year of game time plus, to clear out. He surrendered in Fall of 1944. Not sure what it takes for Axis to get a draw, but he had to be close.

Game #9 [WIN] 1939 Allied (Stam = Axis)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/20/2020 7:10:26 AM)

Game #10
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> 1943 the War ended by resignation. Gave Rudy the full court press in France; as he tried too cautiously to crush the French & British in 1940.
Loser = Rudolf Stiner (Axis)

Summary: Due to delays in the French defeat, Axis forces had to deal with an auxiliary styled Russian opponent. The Reds put significant artillery pointed towards Finland; and used the port to flank the Finns. Rudy tried to help by sending in top-line Nazi Commander and ground troops. The 2-way battle didn't help Germany, as Russian Heavy Artillery and Rockets bruised the Invaders daily. The Reds were able to hold rivers, then fallback due to the late Barby.

Eventually, rogue HQ + Army/Corp combo snuck into Romanian port after the cruisers distracted U-boat guard activity. I was lucky, must have triggered the "convert Romania" script, as they switched sides! That was game/set/match.

Game #10 [WIN] 1939 Allied (Rudolf Steiner = Axis)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/21/2020 12:09:18 AM)

Game #11
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) ---> 1942 the War ended by resignation. Allies ceased to have a Navy, anywhere on the board.
Loser = PJR1973 (Allied)

Summary: This was yet another 'lucky game' for me. Had no apparent plan. Decided to creep Naval Units away from Germany for a rainy day. Happened to slip some Italian ones, also. Japan also floated their newly built subs. Guess what we ran into? Nearly the entire Royal Navy was sunbathing in Yachts in the Indian Ocean. It was a slaughter house. On the ground, not much better for the Allies. Captured Egypt, but not the Holy Lands, which enabled ships to sail to Indian Ocean. 3-way slam on the Royal Navy. Yanks got a good dose of Japs too. Hawaii was invaded.

Game #11 [WIN] 1939 Axis (PJL1973 = Allied)

HamburgerMeat -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/21/2020 1:15:57 AM)

quote:

Nearly the entire Royal Navy was sunbathing in Yachts in the Indian Ocean. It was a slaughter house.

[:D][:D][:D]
Love this thread, keep it up!

Sparky0565 -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/21/2020 2:51:08 PM)

Elvis, you might want to look at a boardgame called A Workd at War by GMT games. I just recently retired from the World Boardgaming Championships. I played the game since the mid 90s. It is much more complex yet similar to the one we are playing. It didn't take me long to use my boardgaming skills and transfer them to this game.

Sometimes I do a Yugo first attack before France as you just saw. Getting troops over to North Africa early helps too. Otherwise the Allies can pounce on the Italians. Having Yugo early can also help protect the Italian navy as German fighters and bombers can protect the ships. Yugo can also bring in some allied troops to die vis transport into Yugo. I am also doing a fleet in being stratregy for the Germans as you like to viciously attack german subs and ships.

I am trying a new russian attack but not that much different. We will see how it works.

I did like my suicide paratrooper attack to assure I could sign a treaty with France to kill those pesky British units in NA.

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/22/2020 1:06:46 AM)

Sparky, if we're talking the way back machine: Victory Game's US Civil War was/is a blast. Next, Advanced Squad Leader. Gotta be a lawyer to play that game. You're cookie cutter strategy with all x2 attacking armor/mech is solid. No matter who you're playing the Russians receive a beating.

I really didn't lose much in Algeria. Was an India Garrison, India AA, and British Corp. Losing the BEF in Paris was a impulsive move, had an outside chance to kill Panzer, think I got him down to 2.

Sparky0565 -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/22/2020 3:20:23 AM)

I see you enjoy Avalon Hill games as well. I like to play a few myself. I do like The Russian Campaign, and Afrika Korp.

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/22/2020 3:47:13 PM)

Game #12
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> November 1940 game resigned
Loser = aquavita (Axis)

Summary: Nice guy aquavita, almost too nice. He went passive with the Italians, so I up'ed the action in France. Went after lead Panzer & waxed it. British filled up a major gap. This setback the Axis in France. Then the rains hit in the Fall. Viva La France. Aquavita changed directions in France, twice, maybe three times. He had me when he switched, I had nothing in Southern France, except couple shelled down corps. Glad Italians didn't attack! I'm taking alot of risk, sometimes it pays off.

Game #12 [WIN] 1939 Allied (aquavita = Axis)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/24/2020 1:16:15 AM)

Game #13
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Belgian (Belgium) Waffle cost the LizardMan same way it cost me and many others. Berlin falls July 1944, Japan soon....
Loser = ThunderLizard11 (Axis)

Summary: The Belgium Waffle happened. What is that? When Axis player attacks Belgium early (December '39 - Jan '40) in sorry weather and gets a BAD roll. Western Allies actually had a ground game plan in France, so forces bolstered the line. This dragged the Lizardman into a long campaign in France. This buys critical time and absorbs *key MMPs from the Nazis. Once I had the momentum, it's kind of like a chess match being up a Bishop or Rook. Allies held Paris until Jan/Feb 1941, I think. Took alot of pressure off the Reds, the Soviets brought their forces somewhat forward for the Barby, because he had to be lighter in troops. Now, thing is, this does NOT mean a slam dunk win. The Germans still blasted away and pushed back the Reds AND the Japs are still ruling the Pacific in 1941.

Seeing that Lizard is a world class and top ranked player, I did not mess around. Had to focus. This guy makes it a real bitch in landing France. We all know how hard it is to get a beach-head in France, in any year. I landed, maybe late Winter 1942, in sucky weather. Panzers units nearly shoved me off the valued dirt/port(s) when I had zero air cover. I played it Cool Hand Luke in Pacific too, nothing crazy, nothing early. The USA got into the Tank business for France. And you know me. Omar and Patton were in charge of that operation. I always count on the Canadians; their Tank/Corp combo is tasty, because its already ready. Toss in a Heavy Artillery to support my Canucks on the beach. Because they hang on for dear life as the Allies are jonesy for a kill against the experienced Nazis on their home continent.

Was concerned about breaking through in France for awhile. And the Russians do what they do best, sell their lives and buy time. Eventually, I had a huge turn, I mean huge turn, and coordinated a true Operation Marketgarden breakthru. Patton's tanks (level 3) vs Nazi (level 4) had to be careful. Hedgerows, Rivers, and Canadian corps to fill space, followed by the 101st to make the big thrust. The Siegfried Line was half-ass. There was no true 1943 Winter type Bulge counter. I avoided the fortresses full of Pieper's 4-star Panzers in Southeastern France. Cleared out the 88-AA guns and coastline carefully. Been waxed before getting in hurry or stupid.

We're still playing the Pacific out. It's a parking lot of units for the gathering. The Chinese have been slapped, so they'll do nothing. I'd rather move onto the next, but Lizard must have a thing for Kamikazes. Remember, true Kamakazes don't show up on Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm, classic episode back in the day.

Game #13 [WIN] 1939 Allied (ThunderLizard11 = Axis)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/24/2020 9:03:26 PM)

Game #14
1939 World at War
Winner = HamburgerMeat (Axis) ---> Successful Operation SeaLion after Allies failed on Denmark port-5 weather gambit

Summary: Allies took huge risk, completely failed early. Tried the Denmark Bomber Port-5 gambit when Axis invades with 1-unit and Ground Support air only. Saw the Fighters in Southern Germany, outta range of Denmark. He came in with 1-unit. Took the shot, put Bomber in Copenhagen and prepped Naval + French Corp off the M-Line in the North. Move is dependant on Snow in December 1939, which happens 95% of the time. Failed, skies were blue. Axis busted thru Belgium where missing French counter Corps + Denmark had clear weather. Axis had Paris in Feb 1940, British lost BEF and took that Bomber damage + double-Operand cost. No stopping SeaLion. Had a change on a counter near Manchester, since I abandoned Southern England once the Panzer got thru on a clean port on 2nd turn of the invasion. It's impossible to stop a Panzer once landed in supply.

Was a must, to stop the lead Paratroop by Manchester. Was supply = 5 and strength 8. Attacked with 4-Corps, 1-Tank, 8 carrier attacks, 3-Tactical Bombers, then thru Fighters at it. The never dying Paratroop stuck at strength-1, was unreal. Loser. This cost me the Port, which had Army, and 4 other units coming to the rescue. Forced me to land above the critical point and he just resupplied with the advance hex.

I took too much risk with the Danish Port gambit. Gamble for weather, can backfire. Losing momentum early is not good. Death.

Game #14 [LOSS] 1939 Allied (HamburgerMeat = Axis)

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/24/2020 9:36:07 PM)

Hit burnout again. Got 10 games going on. Cannot click anymore. Too much gaming in my head. Calling the following

Game #15 [WIN] 1939 Axis (getsome123 = Allied) ---> this guy completely toast 1942, really toast. Easy SeaLion, he had easy ports to take, and crushed the rest of the board. Haven't gotten turn back in Week+
Game #16 [WIN] 1939 Allied (bjoem = Axis) ---> Stopped him cold in France. It's late 1941, he's going nowhere, neither has the turn, been 3-weeks. Maybe he got the C19. Nice guy, hope he doesn't
Game #17 [WIN] 1939 Axis (EvilMachtin = Allied) ---> This gamer does massive Air Raids, stopped with AA level 5 and Jets level 4. Plus, he put nothing in the Sea. Axis completely fine in 1945.
Game #18 [LOSS] 1939 Allied (Sparky0565 = Axis) ---> Game was on the git-go. Lost at Midway, in dumb early force pressure. Have to against his cookie cutter.
Game #19 [WIN] 1939 Allied (pcolin = Axis) ---> Gave him the AA defense. Had 6+ of them. SOLD all tech and shoved every possible British unit into France
Game #20 [LOSS] 1939 Axis (pcolin = Allied) ---> He smacked Japan back early with China, I was building tech. He had the edge, he gets the 'W' here
Game #21 [WIN] 1939 Axis (johnnychubbs = Allied) ---> Gave him the SeaLion + smacked the board. He was still alive in Russia, but it wasn't happening. USA was getting a x2 Pearl Harbor in New York City. He overloaded readiness.

Going golfing, tired of the Virus bullshit. Been inside for 6-weeks. Going to the protests. If I get the Virus, guess what, I'm dead.

Sincerely,
-EJR

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/24/2020 10:19:42 PM)

To the Gamers:

Been inside for 6-weeks, so I started playing again. Been to the grocery store only, twice, repeat twice, because I keep a stockpile and have a bug out place as any who can afford in case in really hits the fan. 2nd trip to the store, felt like being in the scene of Red Dawn when Patrick Swayze talked to the store clerk. Getting eyeballed for not having a mask. I'm going golfing, I gotta be outside. I'll hit balls along side of the road for free. Thinking about hitting the lockdown protests too. Cannot hide from a Virus. It's like playing Dungeon & Dragon's for real. Will I make my saving throw? My Constitution is probably 14. Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Charisma another story :)

Far as my games. Made the calls on the easy calls. I always post my Win/Losses. To those where the game are up in the air, not posting, because they were TBD. Games have been called & graded. Speaking of that, waiting for NHL & NBA to be graded for my sport's bets.

Far as this game. The rookies need to learn how to peel apart France. Don't get in a hurry, only takes one good front line bashing to bust the line and start the momentum. Analyzing my game, I win in France, where I take the most changes, against average or worse players.

My favorite plays, and you know from playing me:

1) Love training Carriers off the Norway convoy in early 1939. Three British Carriers should be Elite-11 soon enough
2) I Love to train all my ships. Bounce of the 6 point cities which don't dish damage. Having Elite-11 Ships kicks ass, kind of a personal challenge.
3) Subs are my favorite piece. Doesn't make sense as Axis, but it's my favorite. I prefer some action. The cookie cutter Panzers only versus Russia is a bore.
4) Italy, they are fun to play. Because like the British, there are options. Do as you wish here.
5) Egypt, typically don't care much, I like to gamble, leave it empty or strip it. Roll the dice, bluff. I'll empty it for France against the weak.
6) China, don't care. China vs. Japan is like being in a prison gym. Just workout, get experience, and stay alive, you won't be running the place. Spend little to no MMPs here as possible as the Japs.
7) Pacific, the best part of the game. Japan is fun to play. Problem, 80% of the players hide as Japan, you lose this way in the long run. Take some chances, go for a swim. leave China alone and do something original.
8) Weather, I have weather. Burma, Vietnam, India, no thanks. In Russia and early France turns, sometimes you gotta "guess" on weather for Offensive. This can make/break the game.
9) Toys. I actually like buying the Artillery, Engineers, Rockets, and Armour Trains. Fun to play.
10) Finland. Love this battle. Nobody sets up stuffed together like these two dance partners. It's looks so simple, but hardest place on the planet to crack Lennigrad/Finland. Nobody goes for Lennigrad.
11) Paratroops. Everyone loves paratroops, up there with Subs, except them don't dive like 'Whack a Mole'.
12) Experience Units. Love 'em. Nothing like a Super-Tank, Super-Sub, Super any piece that pounds it every turn.
13) Atlantic Convoy. Not many stay alive here long. It's Cat & Mouse like poker, until someone goes all in.
14) Africa. Could careless, especially anything South of Cairo.
15) Spain, not my cup of tea. It's like buying a lot of land by your house, that you really don't need the property taxes for. Turkey is more interesting.
16) Diplomacy. It's a bore for me. Don't want to figure out the odds/match/cost equations. Just invade somebody who needs it.

Maybe more later,
-EJR

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/28/2020 6:31:32 AM)

Golf courses open (well, not really by my definition), was awful:
1) Pals and I go into the club house, my buddy called ahead. "Since you didn't book yourselves, online, I gotta charge you full rate". Gee that's fair. STRIKE #1
2) Okay, here's you money. "We're not taking cash". STRIKE #2, really? Don't have a problem using Credit/Debit, but don't like the command & tone by some young punk.
3) Need carts plz. "Sorry, no carts, Virus". STRIKE #3. really, can toss some bleach on it?
4) Approaching first green, got a 6-iron, I'm buck fifty five out. Hey, Steve-O, can you see the pin? Where's the pin? "Ah, didn't you hear, no pins, touchy-touchy a no-no, Virus", STRIKE #4
5) Okay, I'll play center-middle, that's fine, I'm rusty. Hit short. Ready to chip, the hole is some type of reverse cut hole that's only 1/2 inch deep. Apparently this will save me from the Virus, STRIKE #5

This really how USA gonna roll?

Came home, chilled out, certainly not gonna pay $6 for a beer at the course, got those in bag/car cooler anyhow, my Pal's Ford. Decided to play some Online Poker. Haven't done that in awhile, that's actually a good thing, because we know that software gonna feed a new returned some solid cards. WIN! Do NOT go back and play that again. So here I am. After my overload 21 scored games + some cancellations, might need to slow down, just play single game or two. Not 10 at time.

BC (Before Coruna Sprint 2019)
==============================
Overall Record 9-8
1939 Allied record 4-5
1939 Axis record 3-3
1942 Axis record 1-0
1943 Allied record 1-0

Because of Corona in Burnout Spring 2020
================================================
Overall Record 14-7
1939 Allied record 9-3
1939 Axis record 4-3
1939 Naval Mod Allied 0-1
1942 Axis record 1-0

Game #15 [WIN] 1939 Axis (getsome123 = Allied) ---> this guy completely toast 1942, really toast. Easy SeaLion, he had easy ports to take, and crushed the rest of the board. Haven't gotten turn back in Week+
Game #16 [WIN] 1939 Allied (bjoem = Axis) ---> Stopped him cold in France. It's late 1941, he's going nowhere, neither has the turn, been 3-weeks. Maybe he got the C19. Nice guy, hope he doesn't
Game #17 [WIN] 1939 Axis (EvilMachtin = Allied) ---> This gamer does massive Air Raids, stopped with AA level 5 and Jets level 4. Plus, he put nothing in the Sea. Axis completely fine in 1945.
Game #18 [LOSS] 1939 Allied (Sparky0565 = Axis) ---> Game was on the git-go. Lost at Midway, in dumb early force pressure. Have to against his cookie cutter.
Game #19 [WIN] 1939 Allied (pcolin = Axis) ---> Gave him the AA defense. Had 6+ of them. SOLD all tech and shoved every possible British unit into France
Game #20 [LOSS] 1939 Axis (pcolin = Allied) ---> He smacked Japan back early with China, I was building tech. He had the edge, he gets the 'W' here
Game #21 [WIN] 1939 Axis (johnnychubbs = Allied) ---> Gave him the SeaLion + smacked the board. He was still alive in Russia, but it wasn't happening. USA was getting a x2 Pearl Harbor in New York City. He overloaded readiness.
*several other games graded as suspended, no way to determine

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/28/2020 7:37:50 AM)

[image]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/64/07/31/640731b53198d66125c606913f8305af--army-pay-us-army.jpg[/image]

HamburgerMeat -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/28/2020 1:06:57 PM)

10 at a time seems insane, not sure how you can keep track of that much information

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (4/28/2020 10:28:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HamburgerMeat

10 at a time seems insane, not sure how you can keep track of that much information

Didn't give you much of a fight. Shouldn't have started ours, was tied up in several games at the end (1944) where Allied turns take forever to move all the pieces. I still had Russians to give you problems. I will admit, I was other pissed off over the 18 attack surviving paratroop, that was a key piece of property with the transports wanting to keep that port. Cost the position of British +2 AA and knocked the India AA out of supply. Happens. Chalked it up as a Win for you, Loss for me. I'm going with limited amount of games at the time. Staying away from online Poker after winning the first time. I know that's rigged. Not a TV guy, this lockdown killing me slowly.

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (5/2/2020 2:28:45 AM)

Game #22
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) ---> Chubbs got nearly the entire British Army wiped out in France, early throttling.
Loser = johnnychubbs(Allies)

Summary: Chubbs surrenders in July 1940. The British & French were trash. When the Brits attempted to flee, they were late a turn. Ports were reduced < 5. Lord Gort wasn't going anywhere except his funeral. Chubbs knows when you're down that much to a Legend, it's game over. China could use some infantry lessons too. Nice guy, he's become a training punching bag.

End of World, Corona Files Spring 2020
======================================
Overall Record 15-7
1939 Allied record 9-3
1939 Axis record 5-3
1942 Axis record 1-0

Game #22 [WIN] 1939 Axis (johnnychubbs = Allied) ---> Dude got bitch slapped in France, lost all the Brits.

Markiss -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (5/2/2020 6:14:43 AM)

Want another bite at the apple?

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (5/2/2020 6:37:33 AM)

General Burkhalter, or shall I call you the actor's name of Leon Askin? Glad to read you are alive & posting. Wanna say we played ~year ago, and you are solid supporter of humor. One moment please, our operators are checking the database records...please hold.

<two minutes later>

Yes, we played year ago, that little mess called the 1942 Axis High Tide scenario. That scenario turns into an instant 'Used Car Parking Lot' after about 8 turns, in France. I've checked with my manager, Colonel T.P. (Tom Parker), my current queue is almost-full, because I will snap like Elvis post-1973, post-divorce, full-drugs, and the Memphis Mafia were, as Dr. Phil vocabulary terms, 'Enablers'.

Since the world is ending, I'm in lockdown (Virus, not Prison), and your credit rating with me is good, the answer is "YES".

Setup a game, I'll play you the classic default setting of 1939. Since I'm a great guy, and a crowd favorite, you can pick your poison (side).

Well, every time I hear
her sweet voice on the telephone
Then I know I just can't stand it another day
I'm gonna call right back
And tell her that I'm coming home and stay
Call her back and say I'm comin' home and stay.

Setup it up, General !!!!!!!!
-EJR

Lets fight, King Creole style, back alley slugfest
[image]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/8f/ca/fa/8fcafa4a7feb7fef9abdcc9607e7ef48--king-creole-tv-star.jpg[/image]

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (5/7/2020 1:31:24 PM)

Game #23
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Falco128 did, what I define, as the "Belgium Waffle". He DOW on Netherlands, but not Belgium.
Loser = falco128(Axis)

Summary: Axis resigned Summer 1941. Falco128 did make the fatal mistake of given the Allies a fully functional Belgium, allow them to supply, etc., by DOW Netherlands, and neglecting the rest of the Low Countries. That's like giving your Queen to Bobby Fischer in chess game. Stuff the line, made it look like WW-1. Eventually, with Carrier suicides, Axis are Supremacy failed, turned into stalemate. Ivan the Terrible stormed the Fatherland, German High Command sued for peace to the Western Allies. If we continued, would make a good Red Star Falling scenario.

Overall Record 16-7
1939 Allied record 10-3
1939 Axis record 5-3
1942 Axis record 1-0

Game #22 [WIN] 1939 Axis (johnnychubbs = Allied) ---> Dude got bitch slapped in France, lost all the Brits.
Game #23 [WIN] 1939 Axis (falco128 = Axis) ---> Belgium Waffle

The Breakfast Menu needs to add, Belgium Waffle. The king eating his wedding cake.
[image]https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image/upload/c_crop,h_1124,w_2000,x_0,y_76/f_auto,q_auto,w_1100/v1555002955/shape/mentalfloss/gettyimages-2669065.jpg[/image]

Markiss -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (5/7/2020 2:01:56 PM)

I had my Belgian waffle with whipped cream and strawberries. It was delicious! And successful.

At least in WiE, it is a common tactic. You avoid the readiness bump to the unengaged Allied majors that they would receive for the DOW on Belgium, in return it takes you an extra turn or 2 to take France. It is a simple choice, either option is valid depending on your strategy.

And am I the only one who can't find Belgium's button on the war map? Made the choice easy...

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Elvis Gold Records (5/7/2020 11:52:15 PM)

Game #24
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Markiss did the "Belgium Waffle".
Loser = Markiss(Axis)

Summary: Axis doomed. Western Allies plus India went, in poker terms, All-in for France the very moment in Feb 1940 when Markiss tripped on Belgium. Forget the exact details, but Axis was given a very hard time in France. In late 1941 with a weakened Barby, Allies just swarmed random pieces to ports.

Overall Record 17-7
1939 Allied record 11-3
1939 Axis record 5-3
1942 Axis record 1-0

Game #23 [WIN] 1939 Axis (falco128 = Axis) ---> Belgium Waffle
Game #24 [WIN] 1939 Axis (Markiss = Axis) ---> Belgium Waffle

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI