Possible bugs, Silent Service Creeping Death scenario. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

StellarRat -> Possible bugs, Silent Service Creeping Death scenario. (2/22/2019 10:46:37 PM)

Command v1.14 - Build 998.20

Problem #1 - This one is simple. Sometimes the modal dialog box that tells you've lost satellite communications because you went below periscope depth appears BEHIND the game screen (so you can't see it.) Since it's modal it stops the game waiting for a response and you think the game is frozen or at least I did.

Problem #2 - I have a couple of games where I was at 400+ feet deep yet I was still receiving satellite info as if the UHF antenna was receiving. I've included a save that hopefully will show this. I think it has something to with how I started the game like putting the antenna up before I began the clock. Not exactly sure. Anyway, it look like a bug to me.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Possible bugs, Silent Service Creeping Death scenario. (2/24/2019 7:49:02 AM)

Thanks for the report, I'll look into this [:)]

Rory Noonan -> RE: Possible bugs, Silent Service Creeping Death scenario. (3/5/2019 4:12:39 AM)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I've passed #1 along to the UI guys, thanks for the report on that.

As for #2 I can see what the issue is in the save you provided (the satellites are not out of comms, but the ships are... which is odd because the same event controls both). I'm also not able to independently reproduce the issue.

Can you give me a step by step description of how you got to that stage? Pertinent things to know are any depth changes and also whether the satellites drop off the grid or just the ships, or if the satellites are resetting themselves to be back on grid at any point without you using the special action.

Thanks again [:)]

StellarRat -> RE: Possible bugs, Silent Service Creeping Death scenario. (3/6/2019 8:09:12 PM)

I tried for an hour last night get it to do that and I couldn't. Sorry. If it happens again I'll write down everything thing I did previously to problem. There is no way to get any of this from save? Logs??

Rory Noonan -> RE: Possible bugs, Silent Service Creeping Death scenario. (3/8/2019 12:24:33 AM)

No problem, I also spent over an hour trying to replicate it.

On the plus side it seems it's not a common occurrence [:)]

No, the save files don't list exactly what the user does as such, but they are enormously useful for seeing what's actually going on behind the scenes.

There's a Lua history log that would actually be quite helpful (if this happens again), the path is:
...\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\Logs\

and the name of the file will be similar to:
LuaHistory_2019-02-23.txt

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI