Noob Railroad Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

keith63 -> Noob Railroad Question (3/10/2019 11:13:14 PM)

Hi all. How can I repair rail lines as the Axis? Sorry for the noob question.
Thanks.

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/10/2019 11:51:30 PM)

Manual: Move FBD (rail repair div) to damaged rail hex not too far from a working rail.
Automatised: Hqs sometimes send construction batallions.

Seminole -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/11/2019 12:58:39 AM)

14.2.2 is the section of the manual with all the details.

Basically, in the Baltic zone you can repair rail within 6 hexes of a rail head (that's as the crow flies, not rail path).
Elsewhere within 4 hexes of the rail head.

"Prior to December 1941, Soviet rail repair units will not automatically move to rebuild damaged rail lines that are within 5 hexes of an enemy unit."

Otherwise the automatic repair units won't move adjacent to bad guys, which is a pain for the Soviets because they don't get an onmap repair unit until September of '42.

keith63 -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/12/2019 4:05:49 PM)

Thanks for all of that. Another question. Can you repair a rail hex the turn it gets damaged? I moved a FBD unit to a damaged rail line just east of Brest-Litovsk and the option to repair the line? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Denniss -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/14/2019 7:53:17 AM)

FBD repair the major damage but the final repair is done in logistics after your turn

keith63 -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/14/2019 4:13:33 PM)

Thanks for the response. Does the FBD only repair the hex it's sitting on? Or hexes it has walked over?

Thanks.

56ajax -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/15/2019 12:50:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: keith63

Thanks for the response. Does the FBD only repair the hex it's sitting on? Or hexes it has walked over?

Thanks.

Sitting on.

Move to damaged hex, fix. Move to adjacent damaged hex, fix....repeat as you move East.

keith63 -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/15/2019 2:28:05 PM)

Thanks again, so another quick question? When I move to a damaged hex it gives me an option to repair? cause if so I'm not seeing that.

Thanks.

Crackaces -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/15/2019 2:46:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: keith63

Thanks again, so another quick question? When I move to a damaged hex it gives me an option to repair? cause if so I'm not seeing that.

Thanks.

You will see in the lower right corner on the unit screen “RRC” click that ..

Huw Jones -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/15/2019 7:58:35 PM)

Keith63,

Do you use your rail/construction units that are in your Army HQs?

Balou -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/16/2019 9:31:57 AM)

Yes, we "use" them, but you can't tell these units what or where to repair. HQs send them out, automatically, and not necessarely eastwards.

Denniss -> RE: Noob Railroad Question (3/17/2019 9:01:44 AM)

Use FBD to repair forward, the auto Bns typically clean up the rear.
The usual tip: lock OKH support level and transfer all construction Bns to this HQ. This Hq has the maximum range for sending out the auto-repair Bns so none are left doing nothing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI