Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

Niedowidek_slith -> Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (3/31/2019 9:57:18 PM)

Kind of a teaser only because it's late in my timezone and my cat will go hunting any minute ;-)

[image]local://upfiles/46790/47669A0825CA4EB8998C39107DD65633.jpg[/image]

Bamilus -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (4/1/2019 3:43:53 PM)

keep up the good work

Niedowidek_slith -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (4/6/2019 9:29:21 PM)

Thank you, Bamilus :)

This particular version of the app is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sidbkfhjw961gf9/WiteStaffMap-0.1.0.jar?dl=0

Bamilus -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (4/15/2019 7:32:06 PM)

Any plans to do this for WITW?

Niedowidek_slith -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (4/16/2019 5:58:06 AM)

Hi Bamilus,

Unfortunately I don't have WITW but I would be delighted to make similar app for it.
Maybe you could send me a report exported from WITW and also information about maps in WITW.

I don't know what is subfolder structure in WITW but I need info on files in location analogous to
Gary Grigsby's War in the East\Dat\Art in WITE. Is there equivalent of Zoom4_nogrid and Zoom5_nogrid folders?

One way to obtain this info (excuse me if you know how to operate command prompt and you don't need so much details to do it, I just assume that users don't use cmd very often)
- write "cmd" in windows search box (a box "Type here to search" in Win 10 in lower left corner). You should see program "Command Prompt" on result list. Click it. Black window will appear.
- In command prompt type something like:
cd "F:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the West"
Folder name after "cd" command must be in quotation marks because it contains spaces. Change my example path according to your installation folder.
- When you are in your game folder, type
dir /S /W > _list.txt
- _list.txt should be created. Send it to me.

Or you can just go this hypothethical folder F:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the West\Dat\Art and tell me what resides in Zoom4_nogrid and Zoom5_nogrid (if they exists). Generally I'm interested in ZoomX_nogrid with two highest X numbers.

Second thing, I would need to know sizes of tga files that comprise map in WITW (height and width in pixels).

Third thing, how many hexes there is in WITW (maximum X and Y value).

If for some reason, you cannot provide such information, I will try to obtain it from my friend Mark.

Artur

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (4/16/2019 7:57:06 AM)

WitW uses hex tiles, not images for the map. There are no tga files for map sections. Only single hexagons.

Niedowidek_slith -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (4/16/2019 9:16:40 PM)

Thank you, Ewald. Then it is more complicated. I will have to take a look when I have my own copy. However, if these hexagons' positions are hard coded it may be impossible for me to generate a situational map from these.

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (4/16/2019 9:40:54 PM)

Hi,
I fear so. Maybe 2by3 devs will share the hex tile matrix if they see you work. In theory one can take screenshots from the game to get images of the map.
Regards
EvK

Niedowidek_slith -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (4/17/2019 6:13:05 AM)

It would be a nice feature in every 2by3 games. From what I read, The Operational Art of War does it automatically. Its manual says:

"Movies: This option creates two BMP files in the Saves directory at the end of each player’s Turn. One is of the entire map at the microview scale; the other is of the entire map zoomed out (small 2D mode) scale. This can be used for creating AARs and to keep track of your general campaign progress. You can link these images together using second-party graphics software and view your progress towards victory (or defeat) as a snapshot movie."

Would be great if WITE 2 had something similar.

morvael -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (5/6/2019 11:07:56 AM)

I don't think you can do this for WitW and WitE 2, exporting data to CSV is my add-on for WitE 1 only, it's not a core functionality of the product as released by 2by3.

Niedowidek_slith -> RE: Map created from Commander's Reports for both sides (5/6/2019 8:27:59 PM)

Thank you for explaining, morvael.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI