Steam_api.dll Error? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support

mb4329 -> Steam_api.dll Error? (4/1/2019 7:09:50 PM)

I just installed the latest patch off the Matrix members site (v.4.1.0.21 (13 DEC 2018)) and when I try and run the game I now get the following error:

Opart 2.exe - system error
The program can't start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Curious why I am getting a Steam error on a game that I didn't purchase through Steam, but I also do have Steam installed and verified it worked. Is their a suggested course of action beyond reinstall?

Thanks,
Merrick

mb4329 -> RE: Steam_api.dll Error? (4/1/2019 7:11:16 PM)

OK disregard. I did search for steam on the forum and it didn't turn up anything useful. I just happened to glance further down and noticed the Steam thread. The search tool seems a bit dodgy...

r6kunz -> RE: Steam_api.dll Error? (4/15/2019 3:16:03 AM)

MB, I ran into the same error message.
What did you find as a solution?
RAK

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Steam_api.dll Error? (4/15/2019 3:26:32 AM)

Hi Rob - maybe look at Post #2 here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4608572

WARNING: There are several complaints that the file arrangements are screwed up, and I have now seen this myself so I suggest that maybe you don't do any downloading or updating of TOAW until you see that it is straightened out.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Steam_api.dll Error? (4/15/2019 10:20:07 AM)

The error message that is given by the game engine means that the steam_api.dll file is living in the wrong spot.
It's in "My Documents\My Games\TOAW IV and needs to be moved to the directory where the game engine lives:
c:/Program Files(x86)/Matrix/TOAW IV/

mb4329 -> RE: Steam_api.dll Error? (4/16/2019 7:13:22 PM)

It ended up being an uninstall and reinstall to version 4.1.0.20 per the instructions at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4608572. A bit aggravating as I had to reinstall a few mods, but otherwise straight forward and everything is now nominal.

Merrick

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI