Amphib (Embarked) units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

HannoMeier -> Amphib (Embarked) units (4/4/2019 5:52:55 PM)

I recently got a nasty surprise:
I embarked two armies in seperate ports and they were loaded and marked as done in the port hex.
When I finished the turn, I assumed they got the port protection (especially against surface attacks).

But when my opponent played his turn, they could easily be attacked even by light units (DDs) in the port and could be sunk with 2 attacks as if they were in open sea.
Do ports really offer no protection for amphib units like they provide for surface combat units? And why is that so?

Regards,
Hanno

BillRunacre -> RE: Amphib (Embarked) units (4/5/2019 2:45:44 PM)

There is a chance that the attacker will penetrate the port's defenses, so this isn't impossible, particularly if they upgraded their ships with Naval Weaponry as that increases their chance of doing so.

HannoMeier -> RE: Amphib (Embarked) units (4/6/2019 12:21:49 PM)

Dear Bill,
thanks for the answer. So this means, generally ports should also protect just embarked troops in Amphib or Transport mode? I assumed so, but my experience (maybe bad luck) was that there was no protection for them - unlike for surface combat units.

Hanno

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI