AR question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

DConn -> AR question (4/5/2019 4:48:08 PM)

I am a long-time player, but I'm now experiencing something I don't understand. I have an AR disbanded in an undamaged size 5 port; the AR has one point of major engine damage but is otherwise undamaged. I was going to use it to complete repairs on some other ships there; but I can't select "repair ship" mode for any of the ships. Plenty of supplies, etc.

Is the one point of major engine damage on the AR preventing it from being able to function? Other ideas? Thanks for any assistance!

btd64 -> RE: AR question (4/5/2019 4:50:44 PM)

The AR ship has to be free of damage to repair....GP

BBfanboy -> RE: AR question (4/5/2019 4:50:57 PM)

Yes, ARs and (I think) ARDs have to be pristine before they will work on other ships. I think the AR can still repair a point of major engine damage on itself, but probably in pierside mode rather than readiness mode.

Leandros -> RE: AR question (4/5/2019 7:44:17 PM)

I just had a similar experience. Nice to have this question solved.

Fred

geofflambert -> RE: AR question (4/5/2019 10:18:20 PM)

AR, repair thyself!

LeeChard -> RE: AR question (4/6/2019 12:10:07 PM)

I just experienced that in the game I'm playing. I couldn't get it to repair itself in port.
I had to send it to a shipyard. A bit frustrating [:(]

DConn -> RE: AR question (4/6/2019 3:47:31 PM)

I'm seeing the same thing--AR can't repair its own major damage.

btd64 -> RE: AR question (4/6/2019 3:55:36 PM)

Dave,
How much major damage and is it engine or float?....GP

rustysi -> RE: AR question (4/6/2019 5:47:27 PM)

Although I don't recall what it is, each port gets an inherent amount of 'repair points' each day based on its size. Don't recall if its cumulative at all. If that's not enough to repair one point of major damage on anything, get a naval HQ in there and put the vessel in pierside. That should do it.

For more info check here....

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2990845&mpage=1&key=ship%2Cguide%2Crepair%2C101&#

DConn -> RE: AR question (4/6/2019 8:09:17 PM)

GP, just one point of major engine damage on the AR.

DConn -> RE: AR question (4/6/2019 8:10:58 PM)

rustysi, understood; but it will be easier just to move the AR to a port with a shipyard. (OpSec prevents me from saying where!)

btd64 -> RE: AR question (4/6/2019 9:11:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DConn

GP, just one point of major engine damage on the AR.

You have to treat the AR like any other ship with 1 point of major damage and move it to a repair shipyard or bring another AR to it to make repairs. It sucks but that is the story....GP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI