Unlimited supply? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

rob89 -> Unlimited supply? (4/6/2019 1:49:19 PM)

If I understand the rules well, at the moment supplies are an "unlimited" resource, that is, a given source (city, etc.) can supply, within the defined range limits, any number of units, and at no cost.

This thing is obviously quite unrealistic, even for a strategic wargame.

Is a routine for the managing the "absorption" of (limited) supplies and/or a cost for them unthinkable?
And/or too difficult to implement?

What do you think about?

regards

alohaptd -> RE: Unlimited supply? (4/8/2019 1:08:47 PM)

Basic developer design decision but I am satisfied with it for this game. No doubt that logistics is a huge part of realism in a strategy game but once you go down the route of modeling supply it can consume much of the users effort. If, as you suggest, account for consumption do you also need to model the supply rate and allow the user to prioritize which areas of the map to get the limited supplies? One game that does this very well is Gary Grisby's War in the West & War in the East series. Just check out the game manual to see how extensive and important managing logistics is in that game.

This game does a good job of balance for a casual wargamer.

rob89 -> RE: Unlimited supply? (4/8/2019 9:44:33 PM)

Hi,

I know the Gary Grigsby's [;)]

I did not think of such complex mechanics, but only of some limit to the possibility of unlimited supply, and, therefore, incredible blitzkriegs.

For my purpose I think I have found a solution by reducing the level of "occupational efficiency"

regards

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI