MPP Calculation? What Am I Missing? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

erobideaux -> MPP Calculation? What Am I Missing? (4/11/2019 10:30:10 AM)

I'm trying to reconcile my country's starting MPP values as shown on the map with what I actually received at the beginning of the next Turn.
At game start: If I add up all initial (Turn 1) German-controlled and Italian-controlled hexes with an MPP value I get:

Germany = 224; + Slovakia = 14; + Danzig/E.Prussia = 21.25; = 259.25
x Industrial Modifier 50% x Mobilization 100%, I get 129.63 MPP.

Italy/Albania = 139; + Libya = 10; + Abyssinia/Italian E.Africa = 10; = 159
x Industrial Modifier 65% x Mobilization 65%, I get 67.2 MPP.

WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING, I hit turn advance and at the beginning of the next turn, the message says:
"Germany & Minors Collect 142 MPP"
"Italy & Minors Collect 71 MPP"

This means that what I counted up for Germany only accounted for 91% of the MPP they actually collected, and only 95% of the MPP that Italy actually collected. There's some variable that I'm missing - what is it??

BillRunacre -> RE: MPP Calculation? What Am I Missing? (4/11/2019 4:25:17 PM)

Hi

I noticed a couple of things that may have affected your calculations:

The Industrial Modifier only affects home production, not MPPs from other countries. Also, Germany should be receiving some income via convoys.

erobideaux -> RE: MPP Calculation? What Am I Missing? (4/12/2019 12:03:55 PM)

Thanks! It’s not the convoys; those are accounted for seperately. The Industrial Modifier only affecting “home production” is probably the answer - I just haven’t been able to get the numbers to work out yet.

It’s definitely not random, though... I did the same test (advancing the first Turn without doing anything) twice more, and Germany consistently gets 142 MPP at the end of the first turn and Italy gets 71.

I’m going to figure this out eventually!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI