Wierd American diplomatic actions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support

DoXiTXxX -> Wierd American diplomatic actions (4/18/2019 12:52:29 PM)

I'm playing a PBEM game as the Allies, the Germans invaded England and conquered the entire island, the Brits fled to Iceland and Canada, no big deal, maybe I will loose this one, it won't be the first time, and certainly won't be the last, and anyways I always play on until the end, maybe I can keep the Axis down to a tactical victory somehow, possibly concentrating on fighting Japan, and I can still have fun fighting on in a loosing a game. My problem is that the Americans hardly even reacted to the invasion diplomatically, and only one time, I would think that the United States would now start continuously moving towards joining the Allies. Now it's mid 41 and the Soviet Union reaches 100% and can declare war, the Germans have not yet declared war against them, so I decide to attack the Japanese in Manchuria to relieve the Chinese, the Americans drop from 54% to 11%, boom, that really hurt, which means they will not join the Allies for a very long time, additionally I could imagine, Germany, Italy, and Japan maximizing their diplomacy to the USA, something I can't possibly afford with the British and Soviets. I don't really think that it would bother the Americans very much if the Russians try to liberate Manchuria from the Japanese and help the Chinese to defend themselves, the Americans already have an oil embargo against the Japanese, and historically have often complained diplomatically about their war in China and occupation of Manchuria and Korea. Actually I would think they would welcome the Soviet invasion. The best part is that at the end of the turn of invasion the Americans offered to start sending money to help the Soviets, that all seems very odd to me. Are they being punished for breaking the non-aggression-pact they have with Japan? If so, why don't they get punished if they break the similar treaty they have with Germany?

BillRunacre -> RE: Wierd American diplomatic actions (4/22/2019 1:16:00 PM)

Hi

This is going to be fixed in the next patch, as there is a penalty for the USSR attacking Japan, and it had been set to be way too high.

Apologies for the effect it's had in your game.

Bill

DoXiTXxX -> RE: Wierd American diplomatic actions (4/22/2019 2:42:21 PM)

I think the diplomatic effects of a German invasion of the British Isles could also be improved, I've played 3 games with the Germans landing in England and with no other unusual events the Americans did not end up joining the Allies much earlier than usual. With a tiny bit of luck it is actually rather easy for the Germans to land in Great Britain, especially if the Brits lost some or all of the BEF, I think historically it would have had a serious effect on US opinion, and as far as gameplay goes it would provide a little more balance if the German player knows that the Americans will probably join the Allies in early or mid 41 after such an invasion. A major increase in the Soviet mobilization level seems very likely as well, I'm sure that they would have understood the danger of Germany having practically no enemies left in the west.

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Wierd American diplomatic actions (4/23/2019 4:12:15 AM)

I've experienced both of these. Russian DOW on Japan, you just lost the game.

Now, far as SeaLion, hmmm, this is more delicate. Not sure what the flex-point should be be. Far as USA readiness, that is.

DoXiTXxX -> RE: Wierd American diplomatic actions (4/24/2019 12:09:36 PM)

As blind as Stalin was I think he would have realized the danger of Germany having no enemies left in the West, I would think the Soviets would have quickly re-evaluated their opinion of German intentions. As far as game balance goes, as it is now Germany needs almost no occupation forces or costal Defence forces in the west since there are very few partisans in France or Great Britain and no danger of anyone landing anywhere before 1943. The game doesn't give the Brits much credit as far as resistance goes, that's for sure, I personally think a Nazi occupation of England, Wales and Scotland would have been much harder than the occupation of France, requiring a much larger number of occupation forces.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI