Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Opponents Wanted

GenChaos33 -> Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 5:59:44 AM)

Anyone interested in a ***NO RUSH*** Learning PBEM game? Where we DO NOT care about perfect play and just want to work our way thru a campaign(using baby steps).

I'm new to mWIF PBEM, so I will have to learn the file stuff too.

Note: I would like to use both Dropbox and ACTS.

Dropbox(free) is a online shared folder service which will be used for a game file saving location.

ACTS(free) is a game messenger service(its very basic looking) which has an easy 'message all' feature and it logs all messages into a running journal. It has dice rolling too, but not needed here I think?

http://acts.warhorsesim.com/index.asp

Please let me know if interested. I will give this thread some time to see how many respond.

GenChaos33 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 6:01:13 AM)

Also, how many playable countries are in game? (Looks like 8)

tigercub -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 7:55:33 AM)

just what I am looking for !

Centuur -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 11:42:22 AM)

If you want to go for a multiplayer game, it's best played with 5 players:

1. US and Nationalist China;
2. CW and Free France
3. France, USSR and Communist China
4. Japan and Italy
5. Germany

With more players you are running the risk of a player having to stop, because he hasn't got any country left anymore (which can happen with France and China). Also: every player has it's fun of being in the game from the start. And you get to have the different countries acting as they did historically. France and the CW have totally different views on how the war should be going, Italy and Germany have different objectives (Mare Nostrum contra Lebensraum) and the Chinese are utterly devided...

Also I would suggest to first try at least one solitair game to get to know the interface of the game. The game has a steep learning curve...

Herod -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 1:06:46 PM)

I am interested!

Elessar2 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 1:20:37 PM)

I am too-once I play a solitaire game first to get my feet wet. [so, right at this moment, no...]

I see no real issue w/ 6 players, unless an early exit by Italy is the worry. [note Russia could be eliminated by the historical Italian surrender date too]

Centuur -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 7:28:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elessar2

I am too-once I play a solitaire game first to get my feet wet. [so, right at this moment, no...]

I see no real issue w/ 6 players, unless an early exit by Italy is the worry. [note Russia could be eliminated by the historical Italian surrender date too]

Italy is usually the first major power out of the game. 5 is the maximum I would go for...

AstroBlues -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 9:20:57 PM)

I would like to play. I already have a dropbox account. Am not familiar with ACTS.

Ron

Courtenay -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/20/2019 9:47:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elessar2

Italy is usually the first major power out of the game. 5 is the maximum I would go for...

Well, France in the form of Free France is in the game forever, barring horrible Allied luck when Vichy is declared, but is really not very interesting to play!

Elessar2 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/21/2019 1:05:32 AM)

Italy is good for someone who may not have a ton of spare time per week to devote to the game (compared to the CW the workload must be c. 5x less as a rough guess). Plus it is a learning game and may not even run that long.

AstroBlues -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/21/2019 6:45:08 PM)

I would like to play Italy. As the post above is correct that my time is limited.

Ron

DMcCooey206 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/22/2019 8:37:12 AM)

I created an MWIF group where we play on Discord. We also us ACTs for die rolling in game.

The group was created in mind as an area where multiple games can be going on at same time. New Players can play new player, or learn from experienced players, as needed.

We have 1 Global game running with 4 experienced player, and a couple scenarios with newbies learning.

The advantage of Discord platform is we don't need a separate Dropbox (or emails) for move file uploads, it can handle all moves/Saved MWIF files.

I see a bunch of new players looking to play in this thread. If you want to host your new game within our group, or just join in. Then send me a PM, and I'll get you a link and the details

Dan

tigercub -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/22/2019 11:19:25 AM)

how do I find you on discord! after I get the heads up on a few things in the game I want to play a 5 player game!
Tigercub

DMcCooey206 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/22/2019 7:05:23 PM)

Hi Tigercub,

Basically, we send you an invite to join our group - we just need to email it to you.

if you want in, pm me here with your email addy and I can send you an invite. Or best PM me your existing Discord name and email... either way should work

Dan

DMcCooey206 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/22/2019 7:09:57 PM)

potentially, if we get 2 more newer players we may just start a new 5 player Global game, set up primarily as a newbie learning game, low pressure with emphasis on learning - with 1 experienced player to help it move along.

This is because we know there is no substitute to learn quicker than to jump right in and play against humans.

DMcCooey206 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/22/2019 7:36:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GenChaos33

Anyone interested in a ***NO RUSH*** Learning PBEM game? Where we DO NOT care about perfect play and just want to work our way thru a campaign(using baby steps).

I'm new to mWIF PBEM, so I will have to learn the file stuff too.

Note: I would like to use both Dropbox and ACTS.

Dropbox(free) is a online shared folder service which will be used for a game file saving location.

ACTS(free) is a game messenger service(its very basic looking) which has an easy 'message all' feature and it logs all messages into a running journal. It has dice rolling too, but not needed here I think?

Please let me know if interested. I will give this thread some time to see how many respond.

GenChaos33, keep me posted if your newbie game gets off the ground? I'm prepared to host a new newbie only multi-player PBEM style game in my WIF Discord group. I can help to get you guys started.

GenChaos33 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/22/2019 8:07:04 PM)

DMcCooey206, PM sent. (Plz help)

GenChaos33 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/22/2019 9:36:38 PM)

Question: So when you start a Global War sceanrio. What playable nations/powers are at war(or soon will be)?

I assume its Germany, BritCW(align Poland), Japan, China. Then(in few turns) France and Italy(force to join war?). Then many turns USSR then USA.

SO maybe as stated above(slight change to keep as simple as possible), its best to do the following...
NOTE: When I listed COLORS, I'm talking about the Game Border Color(NOT the counter colors).
That way its easy to tell who's turn it is by the Game Border Color.

Germany - ( GREY )
Brit/CW - ( DARK BLUE )
Japan - ( RED )
USA/China - ( DARK GREEN / both YELLOWs )
France/USSR - ( LIGHT BLUE / BROWN )
Italy - ( LIGHT GREEN )

Courtenay -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/22/2019 11:33:19 PM)

quote:

Question: So when you start a Global War sceanrio. What playable nations/powers are at war(or soon will be)?

I assume its Germany, BritCW(align Poland), Japan, China. Then(in few turns) France and Italy(force to join war?). Then many turns USSR then USA.

SO maybe as stated above(slight change to keep as simple as possible), its best to do the following...
NOTE: When I listed COLORS, I'm talking about the Game Border Color(NOT the counter colors).
That way its easy to tell who's turn it is by the Game Border Color.

Germany - ( GREY )
Brit/CW - ( DARK BLUE )
Japan - ( RED )
USA/China - ( DARK GREEN / both YELLOWs )
France/USSR - ( LIGHT BLUE / BROWN )
Italy - ( LIGHT GREEN )

On impulse one of the first turn, Germany declares war on Poland, and Japan and China are already at war. The CW and France declare war impulse two. Italy comes in when either it thinks it's a good idea, or that France and the CW think it a good idea to attack it. The USSR will generally come in in either 1941 or 1942, depending on whether the Germans go for a '41 Barbarossa or a close the Med stategy. Given ordinary play and luck, the US should come in in early '42. I have seen games where the luck has been anything but ordinary, and the US comes in in mid-41, or late '42. Don't think I've ever seen it take until '43, but I am sure it has happened to some unfortunate.

Centuur -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/23/2019 12:17:11 PM)

The US depends a little bit on the moment the Japanese want to attack the oilfields in Netherlands East Indies. Generally speaking it isn't wise to have the US declare war on Japan...

DMcCooey206 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/24/2019 6:55:52 AM)

quote:

DMcCooey206, PM sent. (Plz help)

Sent you an invite GenChaos33. We had a few just join, so a game is likely in your future

AstroBlues -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/28/2019 7:21:05 PM)

Would you consider sending me an invite to the Discord MWiF group?

Ron

GenChaos33 -> RE: Multiplayer PBEM Learning Game (Noobs Only) (4/30/2019 2:51:54 AM)

Ok - After checking out Discord, I have decided that I do not want to use it. The big thing is that I don't like Discord. I think I have used every online talk/voice software since 2000. Don't know if its the layout/format or what. Its a shame too since I hear it uses a small footprint/CPU usage.

I want to try to stick with Dropbox and ACTS(for more info, see top post above).

If interested please signup to both Dropbox and ACTS, then PM me that you are ready.
Or if you have questions/comments about getting started, PM me also.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI