Problem with online play (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Whitley, Grant -> Problem with online play (6/20/2001 10:39:00 AM)

Today I noticed a problem in attempting to play an online game of SPWAW. I keep getting an error message that says "Player X's OOB 70 file does not match". This happens in generated battles and in scenarios. OOB 70 is Germany; I note that I successfully played an online match with the Finns vs. Soviets a couple of days ago.

Flashfyre -> (6/20/2001 10:46:00 AM)

That message means either your OOB or your opponent's has been modified/updated. You can bypass the warning message, but if you/your opponent chooses units in that OOB that the other does not have, they won't show on the battlefield correctly. As long as neither player chooses these units, the game should play fine.

Paul Vebber -> (6/20/2001 10:22:00 PM)

In most of these cases you used "browse" during install of the patch and it put the patch files in a nested Steel Panthers World at War directory inside your main one. Try deleting this file and reinstalling the patch, making sure to browse to the PARENT folder of teh Steel Panthers World at War folder, NOT the folder itself or to delte the extra folder name appended on the end...we are trying to figure out why the installe software keeps doing that... Keeping a set of OOB folders for using editied version and swapping them out can be used to use different OObs - you just have to make sure that the person hosting sends ZIPPED (oobs must be zipped) OOB sets to the other players and they EXTRACT (not drag and drop) then to the main SP:WaW folder. Just keep back up folders named for the other sets. Once you get the hang of it its not that hard. [ June 20, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI