Amphibious Transports (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support

DoXiTXxX -> Amphibious Transports (4/30/2019 11:11:19 PM)

I find it difficult to tell if an Amphibious Transport can still attack or not, all other units have this information in their info-box, it shows how many strikes they have left, but the Amphibious Transports do not show strike info at all, the space where that would normally be is blank.

amandkm -> RE: Amphibious Transports (5/1/2019 2:30:19 AM)

You can click on properties for the unit and it will tell if there is an available attack

DoXiTXxX -> RE: Amphibious Transports (5/1/2019 8:57:07 AM)

Unless I`m doing something wrong when you right click on properties it only shows how many strikes a unit has in general not how many it has left, that can only be seen in the info box on the lower-center-left part of the screen when the cursor is hovering over the unit, that shows strikes in general and next to that how many strikes the unit has left, but the amphibious transport unit does not show strike information at all in this box.

There are 2 other things about the Amphibious transport that sort of bother me. When loading a ground unit into Amphibious transports it seems very random what hex they will appear in, even though they can move one hex on the turn they are loaded sometimes they are still in the way or they load up in a hex that is farther away from their destination than I would have otherwise chosen. Another thing is that there are hexes that can be used by both ground units and naval units, sometimes when I want my Amphibious transport to move through such a hex without landing, it lands there in a hex possibly far away from it`s intended destination and unless it`s a special forces unit it can sometimes take a very long time to get it out of there, this can totally ruin an intended landing especially if it happens to be an HQ that landed on the wrong island a turn too early in the middle of a nest of enemy forces.

amandkm -> RE: Amphibious Transports (5/1/2019 12:26:03 PM)

The number of strikes will be 0 after the attack is made.

I can't speak to your other concerns, though.

Christolos -> RE: Amphibious Transports (5/3/2019 4:41:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DoXiTXxX

I find it difficult to tell if an Amphibious Transport can still attack or not, all other units have this information in their info-box, it shows how many strikes they have left, but the Amphibious Transports do not show strike info at all, the space where that would normally be is blank.

See: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4606890

This will be fixed in the next build.

Cheers,

C

DoXiTXxX -> RE: Amphibious Transports (5/3/2019 9:13:25 PM)

Great, I have gotten used to looking at the brightness of the star to see if an Amphibious unit has attacked or not but it would be a lot easier if it showed strikes in the info box like other units. Do you know anything about the other problems I have with the Amphibious unit? Not being able to choose what hex they build in and the accidental unloading in dual sea-land hexes?

Christolos -> RE: Amphibious Transports (5/5/2019 4:03:26 PM)

What do you mean by the brightness of the star to tell if the amphib unit has attacked? I didn't know that could be a workaround. Could you explain?

Accidental unloading is a problem that I have learned to be careful to avoid. I don't know anything about the other issue.

Thanks,

C

DoXiTXxX -> RE: Amphibious Transports (5/5/2019 7:00:10 PM)

Sorry about that it`s only a star on American units, on Japanese units it`s a red dot, I believe it`s at the lower left side of the unit icon, it appears to be a little brighter when the Amphibious unit has not used it`s attack yet, but I could be mistaken.

The other problem I have is that when you load up a unit into Amphibious boats they arrive in a random hex near the port, and can then move one hex, I would think it would be possible to allow the player to choose which hex they start in, sometimes they are placed in poorly chosen locations, sometimes on the wrong side of an island, or farther away from their destination than I would have wanted.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI