Odd quirk with French commandos (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

taveston -> Odd quirk with French commandos (5/28/2019 12:14:32 AM)

When France surrendered in my current PBEM 1939 game the French commandos in Narvik were retained. Subsequently these were transported to Egypt. Later in the game the Axis left Paris unguarded and it was liberated by partisans. When the Axis took it back and France surrendered for the second time, the commandos in Egypt disappeared. Is this a bug or by design?

Hubert Cater -> RE: Odd quirk with French commandos (5/28/2019 1:32:29 PM)

I believe this is by design, if I remember the coding behind this correctly, as the initial French commandos went Free French when France originally surrendered, then reverted to French control when France was liberated, only to finally surrender once France surrendered again a second time.

Xenocide -> RE: Odd quirk with French commandos (5/28/2019 3:18:58 PM)

The commandos usually surrender when France falls but there is a percentage chance (low) of units not in France or French territory going Free French instead of vanishing. It rarely comes up in practice but my guess is the commando made the cut the first time and not the second time. It usually surrenders.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI