Where Did My Fuel Go? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

fatgreta1066 -> Where Did My Fuel Go? (6/3/2019 3:05:08 AM)

East of Zhangquio AB I've got a number of surface ships. I have two sets of 4 Type 022 Houbei Fast Guided Missile Patrol Craft. They have all been 100% stationary throughout the game. The four such ships in my northern group are running out of diesel fuel. The four such ships in my southern group have full fuel tanks remaining. Where did this fuel go? It's particularly frustrating when it happens to ships because as far as I can tell I can't use the editor to change their fuel states, I'm going to have to delete and reinsert more ships when I want to use them. File attached,

Thanks

LORDPrometheus -> RE: Where Did My Fuel Go? (6/4/2019 3:48:39 PM)

An unmoving ship still uses fuel at a slow rate but from the sound of it their entire fuel reserve was used up? Are you talking about ship fuel or aviation fuel? Command has but does not care about the usage of aviation fuel so when a carrier runs out you can still launch aircraft just fine it's only running out of ship fuel in a ship or aviation fuel while flying that matters.

lumiere -> RE: Where Did My Fuel Go? (6/4/2019 4:18:46 PM)

I found the fuel-eating guys set their throttle as "flank" (even 0 kt).
There should be something to do with it.

fatgreta1066 -> RE: Where Did My Fuel Go? (6/4/2019 10:55:56 PM)

So the throttles are set to flank even though they are moving at 0 knots? That is interesting, didn’t know that was possible but thank you for pointing it out. I had initially ordered them to move for about 1 minute before thinking better of it, so that must be why they got drained and the other group of identical craft didn’t. That is helpful information, thanks again.

LMychajluk -> RE: Where Did My Fuel Go? (6/5/2019 1:22:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066

So the throttles are set to flank even though they are moving at 0 knots? ...

Sure. On a ship, there's also a Forward / Neutral / Reverse. Must not have had it in gear.

;P

hasler -> RE: Where Did My Fuel Go? (6/5/2019 2:10:09 AM)

I encountered the same thing with some Norwegian PT boats. They stayed at flank with no new movement order and burned all their fuel. My scenario is obscenely large for a big upload but if you upload yours to the bug forum they will look at it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI