SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

pkpowers -> SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (6/22/2019 5:01:11 PM)

[&o] I have played board wargames and pc wargames for many years now , and I feel that Frank Hunter's games (Campaigns on the Danube, Guns of August , and Piercing Fortress Europa) have the perfect blend of playability and realism. These games are among the few I've had a desire to complete to the end, they are really worth it. Not to mention his earlier works, American Civil war strategic game and a Napoleon 1806 games. Don't miss out on these masterpieces, and I hope there are more to come.

Red2112 -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (6/22/2019 7:14:28 PM)

I agree +1 [sm=happy0065.gif]

Kuokkanen -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (6/22/2019 8:01:43 PM)

Hmm... I was just pondering about buying Aggressors: Ancient Rome

pzgndr -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (6/28/2019 12:08:31 AM)

Frank Hunter pleasantly surprised us with a v3.05 update to COTD a couple years ago. Since then we haven't heard much of anything from him? It would be nice if he gets back to another update to COTD and/or release of Campaigns on the Elba that he had in the works. No news. I wish him well and hope to hear announcements someday.

FrankHunter -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/4/2019 12:06:28 AM)

Thank you guys for the kind words!

Alan Sharif -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/4/2019 7:42:34 AM)

Good to hear from you Frank. Your games are truly fantastic.

Zap -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/4/2019 8:18:50 AM)

Oh yes thanks for popping in. Could you share with us a little more? +1 on all the comments

Greybriar -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/4/2019 10:00:38 AM)

Thank you for your efforts in computer gaming, Frank. I have been playing games by you for over twenty years.

Red2112 -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/4/2019 11:22:27 AM)

Oh yes!!! Thanks Sir for such fine games and fun times!

Ron -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/4/2019 7:03:15 PM)

Yes kudos to Frank Hunter and his designs. Really, really happy with CotD, imo the best treatment of Napoleonic warfare on the computer; just wish there were more!

FrankHunter -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/5/2019 12:20:17 AM)

Thank you very much, happy to hear they're still being played. I'm afraid I still don't get much time for game programming but my biggest problem is I haven't been very focused and have wasted time just trying out different things and have spent most of the time I get on a new design rather than finishing CLGA:Elbe. My apologies for that.

I will check the specific forums for each game in regards to any bugs that need fixing.

Red2112 -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/5/2019 6:57:55 AM)

New design is music to my ears! Thank you so much for stopping by and letting us know what your up to. We are patient folks[:)]

Thank you!

aldrend -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/12/2019 6:59:32 AM)

Campaigns on the Danube is awesome. One of the best Napoleonic computer games.

wodin -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/12/2019 1:47:04 PM)

Frank, it's time you tried your hand at a tactical scale wargame..hint...hint

Gribeauval -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/12/2019 8:04:03 PM)

I'm very happy that Campaigns of the Danube will be updated.
Could also Frank have a look at Piercing Fortress Europa later (apparently, there was something strange with german air superiority value in the Air report)?

Thanks in advance.

Rasputitsa -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/14/2019 5:23:30 PM)

CotD is without doubt the best representation of Napoleonic warfare at the operational level, with also a good battle resolution system.

Extending the campaigns and scenarios would be very greatly appreciated, as you just can't get enough of a good thing. [:)]

Aurelian -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/14/2019 5:30:47 PM)

Wish he would redo his ACW game.

FrankHunter -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/14/2019 6:46:43 PM)

Gribeauval, I will look to updating Piercing Fortress Europa as soon as I'm finished with Danube.

Aurelian, ACW was one of those projects I got sidetracked with over the last few years. I've redone some of it but I still have lots to do.

Thank you!

GenSlack -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/15/2019 2:19:01 AM)

Frank,
I am still willing to help with ACW.

Drew

Aurelian -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/15/2019 2:21:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

Gribeauval, I will look to updating Piercing Fortress Europa as soon as I'm finished with Danube.

Aurelian, ACW was one of those projects I got sidetracked with over the last few years. I've redone some of it but I still have lots to do.

Thank you!

Thank you!!

Agathosdaimon -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (7/19/2019 8:04:45 AM)

oh my sorry i missed this thread but i cannot pass up the chance to also give a cheers to Frank Hunter - your game design is sublime in that it is concise but not simplistic, and unique and has an inner logic to it - Campaigns on the Danube is without equal in the area of operational level napoleonics. Campaigns on the Elbe i am still hoping will see the light of day

Franciscus -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (3/7/2020 8:51:52 PM)

Bumping up this thread, to join my voice in praise of Frank Hunter’s games.

I would be very pleased indeed if you would make a redo of your ACW game.

Regards

rommel222 -> RE: SALUTE to Frank Hunter and his games (3/8/2020 7:07:25 PM)

Greetings to All,
Love Frank Hunter Napoleonic games, Purchased by mail from Adanac Command Studies: Campaigns La Grande Armée: 1806 & Campaigns Le Grande 1805/1809 back in the day
http://www.napoleonguide.com/wargames_lga1806.htm
http://www.napoleonguide.com/wargames_lga180509.htm
http://www.wargame.ch/wc/nwc/Club_Webpages/Newsletter/newsletter16/Interview.html

Matrixgames Campaigns on the Danube is great and permanently on the harddrive.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI