Strange Mouse Scroll Issue with Windows 10 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

jimh009 -> Strange Mouse Scroll Issue with Windows 10 (7/2/2019 11:45:49 PM)

Hi,

I run AE using Parallels on a Mac. Until I upgraded the Windows version on my mac (from 8.1 to 10), everything worked great.

Since the upgrade, however, I'm having a bizaare mouse scroll issue that I'm 100% positive is a "windows thing" since the same problem also affects the War in Russia game.

What happens is that mouse scrolling either "down" or "to the right" basically doesn't work. There's a few pixels on both the bottom and right side where, if I maneuver the mouse just right, the scrolling will work. Otherwise, mouse scrolling "down" or "to the right" simply doesn't work.

Going "down" or "to the right" when using the arrow keys works just fine and is as lightning fast as it always has been. And mouse scrolling also works just fine when I use the mouse to scroll "to the left" or "to the top" of the screen.

This has to be a weird windows issue, but I'm not a Windows 10 guru. Any suggestions?

Here's the switch line I use in AE:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -pxf1280 -pyf800 -deepColor -altFont -archive -skipVideo -cpu2 -dd_sw

Yaab -> RE: Strange Mouse Scroll Issue with Windows 10 (7/4/2019 12:57:04 PM)

Can't help, never had any mouse issues with WITP AE. Did you try to reinstall the game after you have switched from Win 8.1 to Win 10.0?

BBfanboy -> RE: Strange Mouse Scroll Issue with Windows 10 (7/4/2019 4:21:54 PM)

I had some mouse issues until I used the switches in the shortcut to the WITP-AE game executable.
See the stickied thread "Slow Performance" in the upper part of this forum for stuff about switches.
If the Apple system does not let you make Windows compatible shortcut icons, I don't know how you could implement switches.

Moltrey -> RE: Strange Mouse Scroll Issue with Windows 10 (7/4/2019 7:01:59 PM)

My tech sense tells me Windows 10 and Microsoft have changed something that your Parallels program doesn't like. You might check and see if there are any updates or fixes on the Apple/Parallels side.

Korvar -> RE: Strange Mouse Scroll Issue with Windows 10 (7/11/2019 8:05:55 AM)

I would try using the "Optimize for Games" setting in Parallels as described here: What is Smart Mouse?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI