Looking for a Japanese player (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

TheElf -> Looking for a Japanese player (7/5/2019 9:40:20 PM)

I am considering getting back into a PBEM. Eventually I want to play as Japan, but I have a lot to relearn first.

Anyone interested in a Long campaign?

I am thinking of a DaBabes with extended map.

PM with interest.

Chickenboy -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/6/2019 10:52:46 AM)

Hi TheElf,

I just wanted to say that I read your post and am intrigued, but cannot take on another game at this time. Also, I would not (as a Japanese player) entertain DaBabes over a stock scenario. Hope you find someone soon!

TheElf -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/6/2019 5:34:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hi TheElf,

I just wanted to say that I read your post and am intrigued, but cannot take on another game at this time. Also, I would not (as a Japanese player) entertain DaBabes over a stock scenario. Hope you find someone soon!

Thanks Chicken!

Can you say why you prefer stock of DaBabes?

Chickenboy -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/7/2019 12:39:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheElf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hi TheElf,

Thanks Chicken!

Can you say why you prefer stock of DaBabes?

You mean stock over DaBabes?

Yeah. This game is a freakin' monster. Takes years to get marginal skills, years longer to be a non-schlub. Forever to master. All this while juggling rule changes from 2009-2014, alterations to code and updates/gameplay changes, etc. etc. I decided a long time ago that I would have to draw the line at the official patches (no betas, etc.) in order to know WTF I was doing and build gameplay capabilities. It simply wasn't possible to learn how each novel iteration of the game database / coding affected gameplay-particularly on a game already underway.

So I shunned beta patches, DBB, DBC, BigB, alternate maps, John IIIs mods and all the other well-meaning but impossible to track providers to exclusively focus on stock official scenarios with official patches. To preserve what limited sanity I had remaining. [;)]

Big B -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/7/2019 1:34:50 AM)

[/quote]
I shunned beta patches, DBB, DBC, BigB, alternate maps, John IIIs mods and all the other well-meaning but impossible to track providers to exclusively focus on stock official scenarios with official patches. To preserve what limited sanity I had remaining. [;)]
[/quote]

Just an FYI (for future consideration), Big B left Japanese Economy and production untouched - apart from allowing the Tabby to start earlier production... I didn't want to disturb that ant-hill, and saw no need to anyway.

B

pontiouspilot -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/8/2019 3:57:25 PM)

Once you have gone DBB you won't go back!

OldPascas -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/9/2019 8:00:35 AM)

PM sent

rustysi -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/9/2019 5:27:57 PM)

quote:

So I shunned beta patches

There're many great fixes in these so-called 'beta patches'. I highly recommend they be used. The last would be 1126b IIRC.

TheElf -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/9/2019 11:09:13 PM)

Still shopping an IJN opponent. OldPascas is an Allies-only player.

witpqs -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/11/2019 12:23:35 PM)

In DaBabes you picked the best 'stock-type' scenario set.

Best of luck!

Chickenboy -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/11/2019 5:57:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Best of luck!

"Best" is subjective of course. The "best" scenario, in my opinion, is one that you can find an opponent to play with you and that everybody understands all nuances of the OOB and changes made to gameplay (improvements or degradations) from stock. DaBabes, not being supported by Matrix/Slitherine, and reliant on (often fractious) third parties that are no longer present in the forum community is not a best choice by my definition. Your mileage may vary.

TheElf -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/11/2019 6:47:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Best of luck!

Hey witpqs, are you familiar with JWE's changes to the Aircraft ratings? I heard he monkeyed around a bit. Where can I find a change log if one exists?

I am finding in single player my Ki-43Ic's are under-performing, but I don't know if they really are or if its just my emotional response being the IJ player

Alfred -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/12/2019 12:00:23 PM)

quote:

..... Hey witpqs, are you familiar with JWE's changes to the Aircraft ratings? I heard he monkeyed around a bit. Where can I find a change log if one exists?

I am finding in single player my Ki-43Ic's are under-performing, but I don't know if they really are or if its just my emotional response being the IJ player

Unless it is contained within the zip scenario download package, I don't believe there is a publicly available separate DaBabes changelog.

This thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3405381&mpage=1&key=rating

has JWE/Symon explaining methodology and posting various amended aircraft data.

Suggest you PM US87891 for any private changelog.

Alfred

TheElf -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/12/2019 2:14:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

..... Hey witpqs, are you familiar with JWE's changes to the Aircraft ratings? I heard he monkeyed around a bit. Where can I find a change log if one exists?

Unless it is contained within the zip scenario download package, I don't believe there is a publicly available separate DaBabes changelog.

This thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3405381&mpage=1&key=rating

has JWE/Symon explaining methodology and posting various amended aircraft data.

Suggest you PM US87891 for any private changelog.

Alfred

Thanks Alfred. As usual you come through with the answer. Just went through that thread. JWE did good work. Wish we'd had the time to do it.

It looks like the issue I am seeing is the Buffaloes and Hurris are just tanking the Twin 12.7mm gun package. Less to do with anything John may have tweaked.

rev rico -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/12/2019 11:56:28 PM)

I'm interested in taking on another game. Email me with what you're interested in.

Bob
Rev Rico

TheElf -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/13/2019 4:05:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rev rico

I'm interested in taking on another game. Email me with what you're interested in.

Bob
Rev Rico

Is Rev Rico a play on the old handle Rev Rick?

rev rico -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/13/2019 6:15:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rev rico

Bob
Rev Rico

Is Rev Rico a play on the old handle Rev Rick?

Nope, simply a nickname online that stuck

Encircled -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/20/2019 6:35:25 PM)

Just finished a Scen 2 with Rev Rico as the Japanese

Sound player and very reliable!

TheElf -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (7/21/2019 11:21:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Encircled

Just finished a Scen 2 with Rev Rico as the Japanese

Sound player and very reliable!

Ok, Thanks Encircled!

Rev Rico, I will PM with details. Not entirely decided yet, open to suggestions, but I know I want:

Dec 7 Start
Everything ON except No Unit withdrawals and Reliable USN torps
Reinforcements standard

I am open to scenario suggestions, but I am leaning toward a DaBabes.

Thoughts?

zuluhour -> RE: Looking for a Japanese player (9/21/2019 10:05:32 AM)

Is this still open? Noticed your from Maryland as well, could lead to a ........meeting....(always interesting).
If you learn the red team and wish a reliable game I think I'm looking again as the present game is slower
than glacial. I do like the Beta as it has mostly fixes as far as I can see. I do like realistic R&D and am
enjoying PDU off. I have done DaBabes and while offering more ships and some changes does not add
much for me. SO, if you decide you want to try "red", I'm here for ya.
Zuluhour HQ: 06:04 hrs Sept. 21, 2019.

ps I assume you have started?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI