Earthquake and aftershock (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Zap -> Earthquake and aftershock (7/6/2019 3:42:29 AM)

In bed and was woken by the house rolling. The fist quake the rolling was the same. This aftershock must be up there on the scale as well. Its center is about 140 miles from vegas. Hope all are well in Ridgecrest California.

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Earthquake and aftershock (7/6/2019 4:25:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

In bed and was woken by the house rolling. The fist quake the rolling was the same. This aftershock must be up there on the scale as well. Its center is about 140 miles from vegas. Hope all are well in Ridgecrest California.

looks like a 7.1, 11x more powerful than the first one. Possibly serious damage in Ridgecrest, though few direct reports from there yet. Watching live news conference now on CNN with USGS experts. Have a friend in Corona, CA, east of LA. I happened to be on Facebook when he posted "Crap. Another earthquake."

Orm -> RE: Earthquake and aftershock (7/6/2019 7:22:49 AM)

Thank you for sharing, Zap.

I hope all is well for those close to the epicentre.

jamiejones -> RE: Earthquake and aftershock (7/6/2019 10:13:28 AM)

Hopefully, you and your family are okay.

Take care!

quote:

CGGrognard -> RE: Earthquake and aftershock (7/6/2019 8:48:40 PM)

Stay safe Zap. By the way; do you think an earthquake of this magnitude had it occurred in or closer to Las Vegas?
?

Zap -> RE: Earthquake and aftershock (7/6/2019 10:35:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

Stay safe Zap. By the way; do you think an earthquake of this magnitude had it occurred in or closer to Las Vegas?
?

For sure if it occurred as close as the California quake did to the town of Ridgecrest there would have been some major damage. I base my opinion upon the amount the earth moved here from the Ridgecrest quake.

Officials have stated that the highway system has been constructed with earthquakes in mind. But So many older homes and apartment building here were constructed 60's, the 70's and 80's. I don't think earthquakes were a part of the equation in regards to building codes. We do have two? faults that run through Vegas.

Zap -> RE: Earthquake and aftershock (7/6/2019 10:40:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamiejones

Hopefully, you and your family are okay.

Take care!

quote:

Everyone is safe here in Vegas, thanks. Except for the rolling of the earth the only other notable things here is the pools having there water tossed out, swinging lights and people experiencing temporary loss of their equilibrium/dizziness

warspite1 -> RE: Earthquake and aftershock (7/7/2019 4:53:07 AM)

quote:

In bed and was woken by the house rolling.
warspite1

I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like.....

I hope all is now quiet and getting back to normality.

Red2112 -> RE: Earthquake and aftershock (7/7/2019 10:42:36 AM)

Glad to read it hasent gone worst! Hope all is within issues, safe, for you and the rest Zap.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI