Campaign map edges and selection (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade

harlikwin -> Campaign map edges and selection (7/12/2019 7:32:16 PM)

So newb question.

I'm trying to design a campaign using the fulda map playing the good 'ol USofA. I select the points on the map starting in the east, going west. Typically the starting battle is in the middle tile? Is there a way to change that? Also I'm starting on the east edge of the map and want to start on the west edge, is that a setting somewhere?

Veitikka -> RE: Campaign map edges and selection (7/13/2019 12:17:32 AM)

If you want to start on the west edge then the path should go from west to east, instead of east to west.

Currently the only way to adjust the starting location is to edit the campaign.xml file after the campaign has been saved. The 'startLocation' attribute is the location of the first battle. Set it to '0' if you want to start in the first sector of the campaign path.

harlikwin -> RE: Campaign map edges and selection (7/13/2019 2:29:53 PM)

Thanks, So to get a defensive western force to start on the West edge I go W->E and then would edit it start on the last sector chosen in that case? Where is the xml file saved?

Veitikka -> RE: Campaign map edges and selection (7/14/2019 9:18:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: harlikwin

Thanks, So to get a defensive western force to start on the West edge I go W->E and then would edit it start on the last sector chosen in that case?

Yes. I think if you want to make a defensive campaign then you should give the opponent side an overwhelming force.

quote:

Where is the xml file saved?

The user campaigns are in the data\campaign\user folder.

CCIP-subsim -> RE: Campaign map edges and selection (7/25/2019 3:00:33 PM)

A question on that: if you start the campaign at sector 0, does losing the first battle automatically end the campaign?

Veitikka -> RE: Campaign map edges and selection (7/26/2019 3:30:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CCIP-subsim

A question on that: if you start the campaign at sector 0, does losing the first battle automatically end the campaign?

Yes.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI