Auto evasion against Sams? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room

BrianinMinnie -> Auto evasion against Sams? (7/16/2019 5:22:09 PM)

Is it just me or does it seem like aircraft sometimes seem to dive and auto evade in a way that can be detrimental to its own survival, like turning back towards a Sam site after beaming the last missile it just evaded?

If they could somehow sense the direction of the closest or recent or maybe most dangerous threat and not turn back towards said threat but turn the other way? increasing distance instead of flying nearer or back into the engagement zone.

How about after evading down to low altitude, and not trying to climb back out before it’s out of range of the Sam site it just evaded, then stay low until out of danger zone.

I suppose then we'd have to tell it to climb back up on its own later which in a big furball could easily be forgotten or missed, leading to empty tanks.

I don’t have a save because it’s a general observation during battle.

Thanks All

TXTBOOK -> RE: Auto evasion against Sams? (7/17/2019 1:54:12 AM)

Came here to day I totally agree and this frustrates me all the time.

ARCNA442 -> RE: Auto evasion against Sams? (7/17/2019 6:31:25 PM)

That seems like a very good idea.

Another good one is when a plane dives to avoid a low threat high altitude SAM and flies right into the engagement envelope of a bunch of far more dangerous low altitude SAM's and AAA.

I'd like to see a lot more complexity in defensive ROE's. The first would just be having aircraft/ships/subs with separate "auto evade" settings, so my ships stop breaking formation every time a single AShM is detected without having to set each one individually. Other suggestions would be "only evade weapons within x miles" (to prevent units trying to dodge things that clearly aren't aimed at them) and "don't descend below x feet when evading" and "don't exceed x knots when evading" (for subs trying to remain quite or ships trying to retain sonar tracks) settings.

Also, after a unit goes into auto evasion, it currently loses any manual throttle / altitude settings, which can get quite annoying and which I don't see any good reason for.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI