US Units in Hawaii (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

sapper32 -> US Units in Hawaii (7/21/2019 4:34:40 PM)

Hi guys im playing a game as Allies against a human opp ive just recently deployed a US Garrison unit in Hawaii and then got US mobilization dropped by 6% Surely this isn't correct and should be amended its a garrison unit not a whole fleet it seems very harsh and another help up for the Axis who seem to be able to do whatever they please, Do I need to remove this unit back to the mainland I don't want to lose any more mobilization on this stupid penalty.It realy seems like ive got my hands tied behind my back here as the allies also Hawaii is in my sphere of influence whats the problem.

Ian

Mercutio -> RE: US Units in Hawaii (7/21/2019 4:58:15 PM)

Hi Ian,

yep, any unit triggers it. U need to move it back to the mainland ASAP.

Regards

sapper32 -> RE: US Units in Hawaii (7/21/2019 5:20:08 PM)

Thanks for your prompt reply will waste some more of my none existent MPPs getting them back, I wonder what you can do as the Allies without getting punished
quote:

ORIGINAL: Mercutio

Hi Ian,

yep, any unit triggers it. U need to move it back to the mainland ASAP.

Regards

Mithrilotter -> RE: US Units in Hawaii (7/22/2019 12:41:14 AM)

You can garrison the Aleutian Islands without penalties.Just be careful while moving there or it will trigger some isolationist's penalties. I think that I either naval cruised directly there in one turn or ended my first turn in an Alaskan port.

BillRunacre -> RE: US Units in Hawaii (7/22/2019 3:03:20 PM)

Check the Strategy Guide for full details of what the US should/shouldn't do to avoid upsetting isolationist sentiment before entering the war.

This can be accessed from the top right of the screen while playing.

The scripts behind these conditions do not differentiate by specific unit type, so follow the guide literally and be prepared to rush units there when the US enters the war.

amandkm -> RE: US Units in Hawaii (7/22/2019 3:53:58 PM)

This may seem an imposition upon America, but it does prevent an ahistorical strengthening of the defenses prior to hostilities.

I've had a rather unusual situtaion in my current game against the AI. US mobilization is at 100%, and they've joined the allies, yet they are *not* at war with anyone. This has gone on for two turns now- I've been reinforcing and upgrading the Pacific units, but I'm not sure how to actually get them into the war. It seems sort of odd for the US to declare war, is that the only way?

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: US Units in Hawaii (7/23/2019 12:28:27 AM)

You can and should garrison all the Pacific islands other than Hawaii before Japan attacks. Only have 1-2 transports in the area at any one time to avoid penalty.

sapper32 -> RE: US Units in Hawaii (7/23/2019 1:22:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2

You can and should garrison all the Pacific islands other than Hawaii before Japan attacks. Only have 1-2 transports in the area at any one time to avoid penalty.

Ok so US transport ships can leave the exclusion zone with out penalty ?

sapper32 -> RE: US Units in Hawaii (7/23/2019 1:23:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: amandkm

This may seem an imposition upon America, but it does prevent an ahistorical strengthening of the defenses prior to hostilities.

I've had a rather unusual situtaion in my current game against the AI. US mobilization is at 100%, and they've joined the allies, yet they are *not* at war with anyone. This has gone on for two turns now- I've been reinforcing and upgrading the Pacific units, but I'm not sure how to actually get them into the war. It seems sort of odd for the US to declare war, is that the only way?

As far as I'm aware once America reaches 100% you then need to declare war upon the Axis if they don't declare war upon you,

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI