RE: AI observations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

Hartmann -> RE: AI observations (8/10/2019 10:59:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: taffjones

Hi Hartmann

Is that a observation of the tactics of the AI Or AH the Furher [:D]

(Sorry this reply is intended as a joke)

I'm sure Hubert and Bill are working on it as they have on WiE [:)]

The "stand and die" habit the AI showed in Russia seems to point to the Fuhrer as the culprit. :D

And, yeah, I know that Hubert always worked on further improving the AI since way back when SC1 came out at Battlefront. I just thought it might still be of some help to the team if we report observations. And a game where I play just one country (here: Japan) might be especially apt for such a thing because I can see (with no FOW) what my Axis buddies do all the time. :)

Hartmann -> RE: AI observations (8/24/2019 12:40:42 PM)

Something worth noting about the German AI and the defense of Italy:

I reported earlier, that after the (early) fall of Africa, the German AI did a competent job in immediately fortifying a defensive line south of Rome and transferring units there too. They also defeated a half-hearted invasion of Southern Italy later on.

However, after D-Day and the liberation of France, they kept those units there even when there was no more threat of an invasion in Southern Italy. Instead those units would have been desperately needed to bolster the defense of Germany itself AND the defense of NORTHERN Italy where US and British troops poured in via Vichy. The Italian-French border was only defended by two Italian corps and easily overrun so that the German units guarding the fortified line in Italy got cut off from the rear.

Hartmann -> RE: AI observations (9/8/2019 9:57:09 AM)

Hitler died with 4-5 German units still guarding the "Gustav line" in Italy. Seems the AI has big issues getting their priorities straight.

Btw Hitler also died whole year early - summer 1944. Considering this was AI vs AI, it might seem that the complaints about Germany being OP in this game are somewhat exaggerated. When I'll play the Allies, I think I will play UK only (or Russia only) to keep a modicum of a challenge.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI