Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

pkpowers -> Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/4/2019 3:04:04 PM)

It's available now over at HPS sims . I'm well pleased with this Napoleonic operational/tactical pc game. I enjoy Paul's ancient battles and this new game is similar but without hexes and with an improved user interface. It reminds me of the Avalon hill type board games that used areas/zones instead of hexes. (Stalingrad and crete were a couple of them). In this one the artillery, cav charges, line formation changes, HQ's and action points all blend together to make a worthwhile Napoleonic game. I'm playing as France in the full WAterloo battle, it's turn 6 out of 20 (2pm) and it is still a draw. The AI does a good job of holding it's own. I think most wargamers here will be pleased with it.

operating -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/4/2019 3:17:23 PM)

A link would be nice...

zakblood -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/4/2019 3:18:29 PM)

https://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/MarchingEagles/Waterloo/ME_Waterloo.asp

Alan Sharif -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/4/2019 4:49:48 PM)

Looks and sounds very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Rosseau -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/4/2019 6:41:18 PM)

Same here. It looks like a nice change from the (well done) John Tiller Napoleonic series, which can be a real handful. Also, quite an affordable price.

Infierno -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/4/2019 8:51:26 PM)

Looks very cool, thanks for posting. Picked this up right away, looking forward to sinking my teeth into this one.

DonCzirr -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/4/2019 9:46:03 PM)

Looks like a good system but another Waterloo?

I'll wait for a sequel and hope for one of the less used Napoleonic battles.

pkpowers -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/5/2019 12:13:35 AM)

It also has Quatre Bras and Ligny

Rosseau -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/7/2019 7:05:53 AM)

I was able to finish a game, which just froze at the end. The scenario editor is completely broken. You are supposed to be able to start with an existing map, choose a custom or core OOB and place your units. But it seems the data from the maps is not clean, so I have units that are already placed based on the scenario map, or "fixed" although I didn't place them fixed, units with no action points, non-selectable units, on and on.

So I will try modifying existing scenarios slightly. UI is better than the Ancients and reasonable unit counts and "area" concept seem workable. But very confusing if there is a battle, a window pops up, but hard to spot where it happened.

If this was Steam, I would refund. See why Steam is good?

zakblood -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/7/2019 7:28:55 AM)

just another game rushed out then, and a lack of amount of testing time then it seems, thanks

Rosseau -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/7/2019 7:35:22 AM)

The core scenarios work and can be lightly modified. Advantage is a quick game in an hour or more.

Alan Sharif -> RE: Marching Eagles by Paul Bruffell (8/7/2019 10:26:43 AM)

I totally agree re the UI in the Ancients series. I want to buy those games, but the demo stops me doing so. The games have potential, but the UI is just awful IMO.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI